Reinstall

I am going to need to install a new machine shortly and I need to install the 7.2.4 version (that is the version number that shows up in Eclipse) of Vaadin so that everybody is at the same level. I will also need to install the version of the Visual Designer that was available with that level, not the current one. We are not ready or in the position to move to a newer version at this time.

Is that possible and how would I go about doing it?

The Vaadin version is determined in your dependency manager.
If you use Ivy, then change the version here:

<!DOCTYPE ivy-module [

]>

When you create a new Vaadin 7 project with the wizard, you can select Vaadin 7.2.4 from the list.

The old designer is still available in the plugin.

I can not seem to start a new project (Test is the project name)

I have tried creating a new project two ways:

1. If I do not select create a “Web.xml” for the project, I get the message “Loading descriptor for Test.”
    The detail for the erorr is "An internal error occurred during: “Loading descriptor for Test.:”. java.lang.NullPointerException.
    In addition all the correct Java files seem to be created along with the ivy.xml and ivysettings.xml, but nothing seems to be downloaded.
    I also can not seem to open the depreciated Visual Designer.

2. If go through the wizard and do attempt to create a Web.xml, I get the following message
    Failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 3.0.
    Reason:
    Failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 3.0.
    Details = java.lang.NullPointerException

The Eclipse version I am using is 4.3.1.M20130911-1000. Is the problem the Eclipse version?

Also I seem to remember there was something else that I needed to download inorder to get the Visual Designer running, which it is not doing. Something along the lines of XULRunner? Is not having that part of the problem?