DontPush OzoneLayer Dependencies

Hi Guys,

I have been experimenting with the DontPush OzoneLayer add-on, and I noticed some of the dependencies listed for the add-on are compatibility jars for Atmosphere and a variety of different application servers such as Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, with names such as amtosphere-compat-jbossweb-0.8.1.jar and amtosphere-compat-jetty-0.8.1.jar etc, now my question is if I am using a GlassFish application server 3.1.1 which this add-on is suppose to work on, then do I still need all those compatibility jars listed as dependencies for the add-on. The names of the dependencies is what is confusing me, considering I am using a GlassFish application server.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mohamed Ahmed

Hi,

I can tell you that you are not the only one to get confused with atmosphere dependencies. All those jar compatibility jars are needed indeed. Even if you are only going to run in GlassFish. I guess those are loaded so that the service completely dies if they couldn’t be instantiated. You could verify this from the atmosphere discussion group.

My suggestion to overcome this kind of issues: go for Maven. It may be bit scary world in the beginning, but finally it saves you a lot of trouble in your build processes. Ivy might do the same but I have never used that in my own projects.

cheers,
matti