Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

JCR Container (Java Content Repository)

Lance Weber
1 decade ago Jan 31, 2010 9:31pm

I'm working on a webapp with a Java Content Repository backend - Jackrabbit- and a Vaadin front end. To glue it together I've implemented a JCR backed set of Container, Item and Property classes that basically correspond to JCR Sessions, Nodes and Properties. This allows direct read/write to the JCR Session without having to implement an intermediary set POJO/DTO beans, which is a big plus in dealing with unstructured or loosely structured content.

So far I've implemented all the basics (Container, Indexed, Hierarchical, Buffered) and ensured the integration works well. I just need to add some additional Container interfaces like Filter, Container Properties, etc, but I'd be happy to extract the code into it's own project and contribute it if there's sufficient interest.

Last updated on Jan, 31st 2010
Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Jan 31, 2010 9:41pm
Lance Weber
1 decade ago Jan 31, 2010 9:51pm
Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Jan 31, 2010 11:39pm
Lance Weber
1 decade ago Feb 04, 2010 8:16pm

Here's the initial snapshot of JCR Container:

JCRContainer

I'll be adding features and fixes as needed while I use it for developing my app, but the base should be usable for anyone doing preliminary development.

Also, per other discussions, the unit tests include two generic Container acceptance tests: TestContainer and TestHierarchical, suitable for use by other Container developers.

Edit: relocated github repo

Last updated on Feb, 5th 2010
Hauke von Bremen
6 years ago Dec 15, 2015 9:20pm
Hauke von Bremen
6 years ago Dec 21, 2015 9:20am