vaadin and security hardened jetty

Hello,

When I try to run my webapp under jetty configured with policy I get:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission hu.prolan.slm.vaadin.Debug read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:393)
No such file can be found under the unpacked webapp.

It might help to allow permission for it if I knew what this file is and where it comes from.

Thanks!
Zsolt

How about connecting a remote debugger to your Jetty and setting an exception breakpoint on AccessControlException?

Although I haven’t really worked with these in years, I would guess the offending call is System.getProperty(“hu.prolan.slm.vaadin.Debug”) in your code, and your configuration only allows getting the values of certain properties - see the javadoc for PropertyPermission.

Yes, you’re right, that’s a property. However it must be then a generated one, since in my code there is no such defined.

The problem, that I granted ALL permissions for the webapp. Since then I succeeded to reproduce it with tomcat too.

So the question now is: where this property comes from and why is not granted its access together with the webapp codebase.

Thanks for your attention!

Hi,

Try to change your policy permissions.

For jetty, take a look to their Tutorial about
Web Application Policies
For Tomcat see
Configuring Tomcat With A SecurityManager

If you google
java policy permissions web application
you will find more information.

HTH,

Javi

Yes, I started ther, already read and followed those guides.
I discovered a typo that prevented webapp libs becoming granted.

Thanks