BeanFieldGroup not modified aufter TextField change

Hello,
I have a BeanFieldGroup that binds a BeanItem to a CustomComponent with a TextField.

[code]
import com.vaadin.ui.CustomComponent;
import com.vaadin.ui.TextField;
import com.vaadin.data.util.BeanItem;
import com.vaadin.event.FieldEvents.TextChangeEvent;

public class PriorityEditor extends CustomComponent {

@PropertyId("severity")
private TextField severityTextField = new TextField();
private Button saveButton = new Button();
private BeanFieldGroup<?> bindFieldsBuffered = new BeanFieldGroup<>(Priority.class);

public void edit(BeanItem<Priority> priorityItem) {
    severityTextField.addTextChangeListener(this::textChange);
    bindFieldsBuffered.setBuffered(true);
    bindFieldsBuffered.setItemDataSource(priorityItem);
    bindFieldsBuffered.bindMemberFields(this);
}

private void textChange(TextChangeEvent event) {
    if (bindFieldsBuffered.isModified()) //is not modified
        saveButton.setEnabled(true);
    else
        saveButton.setEnabled(false);
}

}
[/code]Now if I select my severityTextField and press a key on the keyboard I do get a TextChangeEvent but bindFieldsBuffered.isModified() returns false. Now if I put a second character I get a second TextChangeEvent and bindFieldsBuffered.isModified() returns true. However I’d like to get true the first time around. Is this a bug or should I use another listener?

Hi,

Have you tried to change your text field to immediate?

severityTextField.setImmediate(true)

I tiried that, didn’t help.

The value of the text field does not change when a character is typed in the text field. I think the value is set when the text field looses focus the bindFieldsBuffered returns isModified=true when the value of any field is changed.

Anyway I can get the new text that i typed with event.getText(). I’d find it better if I could decide if the typed text is set as value immediately or after focus out…

I didn’t find any setter for other properties that could influence thah behaviour.