Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

RotaryKnob component

Mikael Vappula
1 decade ago Jan 22, 2010 3:28pm

Hi folks!

My small contribution to Vaadin community - RotaryKnob widget. The name will speak for itself, it's a tweakable knob alike component for selecting a value within some range. The main purpose of this component was to learn more about GWT internals used in Vaadin client side implementations , especially about the event handling framework.

See http://mikael.virtuallypreinstalled.com/RotaryKnob for further info and a live demo.
Download source code or try ready-to-go Vaadin 6.2+ compatible jar file bundling RotaryKnob component here.

- Mikael

Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Jan 22, 2010 3:53pm
Dmitri Livotov
1 decade ago Jan 22, 2010 4:04pm
Jens Jansson
1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010 6:11am
Mikael Vappula
1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010 12:51pm
Henri Sara
1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010 1:51pm
Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010 2:03pm
Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010 2:05pm
Mikael Vappula
1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010 2:59pm
Johan Anas
1 decade ago Jan 26, 2010 8:16am
Mikael Vappula
1 decade ago Feb 19, 2010 9:33pm
Romain Wilbert
1 decade ago Dec 21, 2010 9:30am
Henri Sara
1 decade ago Dec 21, 2010 10:27am

Romain Wilbert: How do I use this add-on with Liferay ? I have the following error :

Widgetset does not contain implementation for org.vaadin.mikael.rotaryknob.RotaryKnob. Check its @ClientWidget mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions. Unrendered UIDL:

org.vaadin.mikael.rotaryknob.RotaryKnob(NO CLIENT IMPLEMENTATION FOUND)

I guess I have to recompile the widgetset. How can I do this as I rely on the PortalDefaultWidgetSet of Liferay ?

The easiest way to do this is to use the Vaadin Control Panel for Liferay portlet. It allows you to recompile the portal widgetset with any add-ons you have copied to the portal.