Spreadsheet Compilation Error

Hello,

after setting Vaadin to Version 7.5.1 I am not able to compile spreadsheet via maven. If I fallback to Version 7.5.0 it’s working fine.

Maven error:

[INFO]
— vaadin-maven-plugin:7.5.1:compile (default) @ example-frontend —
[INFO]
auto discovered modules [de.org.example.widgetset.MyAppWidgetSet]

[INFO]
Compiling module de.org.example.widgetset.MyAppWidgetSet
[INFO]
Tracing compile failure path for type ‘com.vaadin.addon.spreadsheet.client.SheetWidget’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/manuel/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/addon/vaadin-spreadsheet/1.1.0.beta1/vaadin-spreadsheet-1.1.0.beta1.jar!/com/vaadin/addon/spreadsheet/client/SheetWidget.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 2229: Type mismatch: cannot convert from double to int
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 1960: Type mismatch: cannot convert from double to int
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 1939: Type mismatch: cannot convert from double to int
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Aborting compile due to errors in some input files

POM.xml

UTF-8 UTF-8 7.5.1 2.0.0 ${vaadin.version}
 <dependency>
        <groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId>
        <artifactId>vaadin-spreadsheet</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.0.beta1</version>
  </dependency>

What am I doing wrong? Is spreadsheet not compatible with the latest Vaadin Version?

Thanks,
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

You’re not doing anything wrong, there was an issue and it doesn’t compile with latest 7.5.1, here’s the related ticket https://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/18476 which has already been solved and will be released in 1.1.0.beta2.

Thank you for your fast response!

Hi Manuel,

Spreadsheet 1.1.0.beta2 is out now, I’ve just tested it with vaadin 7.5.1 and 7.5.2 and it works correctly.

see my attachments.
file 018 => initial page after loading
file 019 => 2nd error message
file 021 => all groups are expanded and takes more then 1 page
file 022 => I collapsed the groups and now there is some content.

The error message in the chrome console:

[size=1]
SEVERE: Error performing server to client RPC callsjava.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    at Unknown.java_lang_Throwable_fillInStackTrace__Ljava_lang_Throwable_2(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.java_lang_Throwable_Throwable__Ljava_lang_String_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.java_lang_Exception_Exception__Ljava_lang_String_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.java_lang_RuntimeException_RuntimeException__Ljava_lang_String_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.java_lang_IndexOutOfBoundsException_IndexOutOfBoundsException__Ljava_lang_String_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_google_gwt_core_shared_impl_InternalPreconditions_checkElementIndex__IIV(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.java_util_ArrayList_get__ILjava_lang_Object_2(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_addon_spreadsheet_client_SheetWidget_getLeftVisibleColumnIndex__I(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-2.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_addon_spreadsheet_client_SheetWidget_isCellCompletelyVisible__IIZ(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-2.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_addon_spreadsheet_client_SheetWidget_isSelectedCellCompletelyVisible__Z(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-2.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_addon_spreadsheet_client_SelectionHandler_selectCell__IILjava_lang_String_2ZZZV(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-2.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_addon_spreadsheet_client_SpreadsheetWidget_selectCell__IILjava_lang_String_2ZZZV(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-2.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_addon_spreadsheet_client_SpreadsheetConnector$1_showSelectedCell__IILjava_lang_String_2ZZZV(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-2.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_metadata_ConnectorBundleLoaderImpl$1$1$198_invoke__Ljava_lang_Object_2_3Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_metadata_Method_invoke__Ljava_lang_Object_2_3Ljava_lang_Object_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_communication_RpcManager_applyInvocation__Lcom_vaadin_shared_communication_MethodInvocation_2Lcom_vaadin_client_ServerConnector_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_communication_RpcManager_parseAndApplyInvocation__Lelemental_json_JsonArray_2Lcom_vaadin_client_ApplicationConnection_2Lcom_vaadin_shared_communication_MethodInvocation_2(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_ApplicationConnection$10_handleRpcInvocations__Lcom_vaadin_client_ValueMap_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_ApplicationConnection$10_execute__V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_ApplicationConfiguration_runWhenDependenciesLoaded__Lcom_google_gwt_user_client_Command_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_ApplicationConnection_handleUIDLMessage__Ljava_util_Date_2Ljava_lang_String_2Lcom_vaadin_client_ValueMap_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_ApplicationConnection_handleReceivedJSONMessage__Ljava_util_Date_2Ljava_lang_String_2Lcom_vaadin_client_ValueMap_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_ApplicationConnection_handleJSONText__Ljava_lang_String_2IV(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_ApplicationConnection_handlePushMessage__Ljava_lang_String_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_communication_AtmospherePushConnection_onMessage__Lcom_vaadin_client_communication_AtmospherePushConnection$AtmosphereResponse_2V(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.<anonymous>(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_google_gwt_core_client_impl_Impl_apply__Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.com_google_gwt_core_client_impl_Impl_entry0__Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown.onMessage(nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js)
    at Unknown._f(http://localhost:8080/VAADIN/vaadinPush.debug.js?v=7.5.2)
    at Unknown._invokeFunction(http://localhost:8080/VAADIN/vaadinPush.debug.js?v=7.5.2)
    at Unknown._invokeCallback(http://localhost:8080/VAADIN/vaadinPush.debug.js?v=7.5.2)
    at Unknown._websocket.onmessage(http://localhost:8080/VAADIN/vaadinPush.debug.js?v=7.5.2)
com_google_gwt_logging_client_ConsoleLogHandler_error__Ljava_lang_String_2V @ nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js:22673
nl.stream.spreadsheet.WidgetSet-0.js:22677 Thu Jul 30 21:48:59 GMT+200 2015 com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConnection
INFO: * Unregistered 0 connectors
[/size]

20945.png
20946.png
20947.png
20948.png

Hi Sebastiaan,

I think the best in this case is to create a new ticket in
trac
, don’t forget to add the file you’re using to reproduce this failures.

Thanks

Hi Guillermo,
I created
https://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/18542

Sorry for snatching this thread, I’ll follow the rules next thread

Could you attach to the ticket the xlsx files needed to reproduce the error? It would make it much easier to find the issue and verify the fix. Thanks!

done :smiley: