Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

Grid Multi selection with Shift/Ctrl

Zhilin Alexander
6 years ago Jun 01, 2015 1:01pm
Teemu Suo-Anttila
6 years ago Jun 01, 2015 1:37pm

Hi Zhilin,

There is already an add-on that gives you a way to use some of the old table selection modes with Grid, called GridExtensionPack (which sadly depends on Vaadin 7.5.0.beta2 as we're speaking). Shift selection is still unsupported, since it requires a bit more tinkering, but ctrl + click and table simple multiselect (select/deselect on click) already exists. The selection column can be hidden with some CSS magic. I intend to add this as an option to the extension once I have the time to do it.

If you have other good ideas on how to make Grid behaviour better, you can tell us here on the forums or file tickets to the issue tracker for Vaadin at http://dev.vaadin.com . If it does not get into the core, I will consider adding it to the extension pack for Grid. All feedback is welcome.

As for the question why is there a selection column, the idea of selection models was that you could implement your own selection model. This however was not done because of time restrictions. We hope we have time in the future to refactor those so that you could implement your own selection model without the selection column, but this is not going to happen too soon..

//Teemu

Ben Lewis
6 years ago Jul 14, 2015 3:44am
Teemu Suo-Anttila
6 years ago Jul 14, 2015 7:55am
Ben Lewis
6 years ago Jul 15, 2015 4:29am
Teemu Suo-Anttila
6 years ago Jul 15, 2015 6:23am
Ben Lewis
6 years ago Jul 15, 2015 6:29am
Ben Lewis