Widgetset / theme Compile exception

When I try to compile the widgetset or theme fail but without any error or crashes simply doesn’t do anything.

I see an exception on workspace log:

!ENTRY com.vaadin.integration.eclipse 4 0 2015-05-27 15:25:56.259
!MESSAGE Compiling widgetset resulted in an IOException. This may result from termination of widgetset compilation.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\bin\java.exe” (in directory “C:\RaiEditWorkspace-branch-2\RaiEdit”): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.util.WidgetsetUtil.compileWidgetset(WidgetsetUtil.java:253)
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.builder.WidgetsetBuildManager.compileWidgetsetIfNotRunning(WidgetsetBuildManager.java:579)
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.builder.WidgetsetBuildManager.compileWidgetsets(WidgetsetBuildManager.java:480)
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.handlers.CompileWidgetsetHandler$1.run(CompileWidgetsetHandler.java:97)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
… 6 more

My environment :

Eclipse Luna SR2 64 bit
Java 1.6.0_45 64 bit
vaadin 7.4.7

Same issue, recently upgraded to Eclipse Mars 64 bit, JDK 1.8 build 91, Vaadin 7.6.6. Any straightforward fixes for this? I’ve read about several fixes involving moving the project and/or the JRE, but is there a simple fix?

Long path tool is the very good program for error, unlock soluation, try it and solved your problem. I used long path tool and i solved my error, unlock problem soluation faster.

Long Path tool is a great tool for fixing problem.

There is a pull request on vaadin maven plugin that is intended to fix this https://github.com/vaadin/maven-plugin/pull/73

Here is the source branch if you want to give it a try:

https://github.com/mcollovati/maven-plugin/tree/fix-long-classpath

Any kind of feedback is welcome

Best regards

Marco

I have used “Long Path Tool” in this situation and it helped me easily and quickly. This tool can fix all the error messages like:

1. Path too long
  2. Cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk
  3. Cannot delete file: Access is denied
  4. There has been a sharing violation.
  5. The source or destination file may be in use.
  6. The file is in use by another program or user.
  7. The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name.

and all other related error messages.
I hope you will find this solution helpful and don’t forget to leave your comments.