MVC MVP

I have to make a presentation about Vaadin MV*
Can anyone tell me how MVP is more native to Vaadin than MVC

Thanks

I have to confess that I’m yet to see an interpretation of what MVC would mean with Vaadin so that it would be useful, and trying to fit the MVC concepts with Vaadin just gives me headache. A view and its control logic are usually not particularly separated in Vaadin applications, except perhaps when dealing with declarative designs and companion classes in Designer.

If somebody has a more clear interpretation of how MVC would relate to Vaadin, please share your thoughts.

I wouldn’t call MVP more “native” – it’s just a design pattern that has a more clear meaning and purpose in Vaadin applications than MVC.

If I remember correctly, MVC comes from a time when software interacted more directly with the hardware. The controller was responsible for getting input from the keyboard, the view was responsible for outputting information on the screen and the model was responsible for data and behavior. Today, you no longer need to interact with the hardware and hence, the need for MVC has declined.

I’d say MVP is an adaption of MVC that is more suitable for today’s environment. That said, even MVP is not necessarily the best pattern for a Vaadin application. Please read
https://vaadin.com/blog/-/blogs/is-mvp-a-best-practice-