Loading...
Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

Vaadin CDI and Tomcat 8

Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 21, 2015 3:13pm
Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 21, 2015 3:15pm
Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 21, 2015 7:43pm
Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 21, 2015 7:44pm
Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 21, 2015 10:08pm
Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 21, 2015 11:58pm
Emmanuelle Victoria
6 years ago May 22, 2015 1:24am
Emmanuelle Victoria
6 years ago May 22, 2015 1:31am
Emmanuelle Victoria
6 years ago May 22, 2015 2:02am
Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 22, 2015 11:36am
Emmanuelle Victoria
6 years ago May 22, 2015 2:48pm
Felix Kalka
6 years ago May 22, 2015 9:45pm

I understand, thank you!

I found the problem why the JNDI lookup of BeanManager failed...i had just a stupid typo in my context.xml >,< I can't explain how it happened because i copypasted the lines, but anyway im glad i solved the problem :)

It was not necessary to add the lines you wrote to get CDI in my test servlet working, but for the JNDI lookup done by CDIUIProvider it is necessary.

So thank you very much, your post made me check my web and context.xml again and i found the typo :)

EDIT:
it is only necessary to add the resource in context.xml, it seems not to be necessary to add the resource ref in the web.xml

Matti Tahvonen
6 years ago May 26, 2015 1:45pm