Widgetset does not contain implementation for com.vaadin.jarkjar.questionna

Hey,
i have just done a basic project including the Questionnaire Add-on and i get this error when i run my app :

“Widgetset does not contain implementation for com.vaadin.jarkjar.questionnaire.Questionnaire.Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.”

I followed this tutorial https://vaadin.com/directory/help/using-vaadin-add-ons , but eclipse have not asked me to rebuild the project automatically. why ?

Thanks for your help.

Please refer to the following attachment
12934.png

The current Eclipse plug-in disables the automatic widgetset compilation by default, as for most users it was too “aggressive.”

Use the “Compile widgetset” button in the toolbar (or enable automatic widgetset compilation on the Vaadin tab in project properties).

I still have a problem after compiling the widgetset.

I run the project as “Run on the server”.

Please refer to the attachment.
12937.png

The screenshot does not show whether the widget in question has been included or ignored in widgetset compilation, and why.

Check the log of the widgetset compiler in the console view and (if necessary) copy the output as text here so someone can see what it says - the interesting parts are outside the screenshot.

I’ve got this warning during the run time ;

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]
{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property ‘source’ to ‘org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:java_project’ did not find a matching property.
avr. 29, 2013 4:26:06 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property ‘source’ to ‘org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:questionnaire_app’ did not find a matching property.
avr. 29, 2013 4:26:06 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property ‘source’ to ‘org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:Questionnaire_java’ did not find a matching property.

And an exception : java.io.EOFException but i have no idea where the problem comes from…

My .java is a sample.

I dont think it comes from the .java because i have the same problem with others add ons.
12938.png
12939.png
12940.png

First coming back to basics: double check that your application is actually using the widgetset you just compiled (web.xml parameter correct or @WidgetSet annotation - make sure you check with e.g. FireBug or Chrome inspector network tab that it is loading your widgetset and not the default one).

I would then recommend upgrading the Eclipse plugin to the latest version from the development update site http://vaadin.com/eclipse/experimental to be able to enable the “-strict” option for widgetset compilation to get more information about what goes wrong during widgetset compilation. This option is only available in the latest plugin
from the development update site
. Then go to Project Properties → Vaadin and type “-strict” (without the quotes) into the extra compiler parameters field. Then compile the widgetset again, and copy the
complete
output of widgetset compiler from the console view
as text
, not as screenshots.

The complete output might also help without the “-strict” option, but “-strict” gives more information and if even that does not help, you could increase the compiler logging level by adding “-logLevel DEBUG” to the extra compiler parameters.

Here we are, i get in error in the jar file … !

Executing compiler with command line:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xss8M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -classpath C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\jfr.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\access-bridge.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\dns_sd.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\jaccess.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\sunec.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\sunmscapi.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\sunpkcs11.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\zipfs.jar;C:/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/src;C:/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/build/classes;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-themes/jars/vaadin-themes-7.0.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-client-compiled/jars/vaadin-client-compiled-7.0.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-client/jars/vaadin-client-7.0.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-shared/jars/vaadin-shared-7.0.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-shared-deps/jars/vaadin-shared-deps-1.0.2.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-server/jars/vaadin-server-7.0.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-theme-compiler/jars/vaadin-theme-compiler-7.0.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.apache.commons/commons-jexl/jars/commons-jexl-2.1.1.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/commons-logging/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.w3c.css/sac/jars/sac-1.3.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/net.sourceforge.cssparser/cssparser/jars/cssparser-0.9.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/commons-cli/commons-cli/jars/commons-cli-1.2.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.jsoup/jsoup/jars/jsoup-1.6.3.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/javax.validation/validation-api/jars/validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-client-compiler/jars/vaadin-client-compiler-7.0.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/commons-collections/commons-collections/jars/commons-collections-3.1.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/ant/ant/jars/ant-1.6.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/ant/ant-launcher/jars/ant-launcher-1.6.5.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.mortbay.jetty/jetty/jars/jetty-6.1.11.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.mortbay.jetty/jetty-util/jars/jetty-util-6.1.11.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.mortbay.jetty/servlet-api-2.5/jars/servlet-api-2.5-6.1.11.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.jdesktop/swing-worker/jars/swing-worker-1.1.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/commons-codec/commons-codec/jars/commons-codec-1.3.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/commons-io/commons-io/jars/commons-io-1.4.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/commons-lang/commons-lang/jars/commons-lang-2.6.jar;C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/org.apache.james/apache-mime4j/jars/apache-mime4j-0.6.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/resources.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/rt.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/jsse.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/jce.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/charsets.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/jfr.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/access-bridge.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/dnsns.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/dns_sd.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/jaccess.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/localedata.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/QTJava.zip;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/sunec.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/sunmscapi.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar;C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/lib/ext/zipfs.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/annotations-api.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/catalina-ant.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/catalina-ha.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/catalina-tribes.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/catalina.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/ecj-3.6.2.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/el-api.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/jasper-el.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/jasper.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/jsp-api.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/servlet-api.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/tomcat-api.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/tomcat-coyote.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/tomcat-dbcp.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/tomcat-i18n-es.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/tomcat-i18n-fr.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/tomcat-i18n-ja.jar;C:/Users/skategui/lib/tomcat-util.jar;C:/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/questionnaire.jar;C:/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/widget-rpc-1.1.5.jar -Dgwt.persistentunitcachedir=C:\Users\skategui\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetset_com.example.questionnaire_java.widgetset.Questionnaire_javaWidgetsetbabdb6cd-ad1b-498c-a021-2a4aeb1bab6b com.vaadin.tools.WidgetsetCompiler -war WebContent/VAADIN/widgetsets -deploy C:\Users\skategui\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetset_com.example.questionnaire_java.widgetset.Questionnaire_javaWidgetsetbabdb6cd-ad1b-498c-a021-2a4aeb1bab6b -extra C:\Users\skategui\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetset_com.example.questionnaire_java.widgetset.Questionnaire_javaWidgetsetbabdb6cd-ad1b-498c-a021-2a4aeb1bab6b -style PRETTY -localWorkers 2 -logLevel INFO -strict com.example.questionnaire_java.widgetset.Questionnaire_javaWidgetset
Updating GWT module description file…
mai 02, 2013 12:10:32 AM com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
org.vaadin.rpc.WidgetRPC in jar:file:C:/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/widget-rpc-1.1.5.jar!/
com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/Users/skategui/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-client/jars/vaadin-client-7.0.5.jar!/
com.example.questionnaire_java.widgetset.Questionnaire_javaWidgetset in file://C/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/src
com.vaadin.jarkjar.questionnaire.QuestionnaireWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/questionnaire.jar!/

mai 02, 2013 12:10:32 AM com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Search took 23ms
Done.
Starting GWT compiler
Compiling module com.example.questionnaire_java.widgetset.Questionnaire_javaWidgetset
Validating units:
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/skategui/workspace/Questionnaire_java/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/widget-rpc-1.1.5.jar!/org/vaadin/rpc/client/ClientSideProxy.java’
[ERROR]
Line 16: The import com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 17: The import com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 18: The import com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 19: The import com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 40: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 72: ApplicationConfiguration cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 76: VConsole cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 97: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 98: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 101: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 102: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 131: The method getAppConn() from the type ClientSideProxy refers to the missing type ApplicationConnection
[ERROR]
Line 136: The method getAppConn() from the type ClientSideProxy refers to the missing type ApplicationConnection
[ERROR]
Line 141: The method getAppConn() from the type ClientSideProxy refers to the missing type ApplicationConnection
[ERROR]
Line 146: The method getAppConn() from the type ClientSideProxy refers to the missing type ApplicationConnection
[ERROR]
Line 151: The method getAppConn() from the type ClientSideProxy refers to the missing type ApplicationConnection
[ERROR]
Line 156: The method getAppConn() from the type ClientSideProxy refers to the missing type ApplicationConnection
[ERROR]
Line 183: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 184: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 201: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 222: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 232: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 242: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 255: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 255: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 299: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 309: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 309: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 456: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 467: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 509: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 509: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 743: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 754: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 796: UIDL cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 796: ApplicationConnection cannot be resolved to a type
Resolving com.google.gwt.validation.client.constraints.AbstractDecimalMaxValidator
Found type ‘com.google.gwt.validation.client.constraints.AbstractDecimalMaxValidator’
Found type ‘javax.validation.constraints.DecimalMax’
[WARN]
Detected warnings related to ‘javax.validation.Constraint’. Is validation-.jar on the classpath?
Specify -logLevel DEBUG to see all errors.
[WARN]
Ignoring unresolvable annotation type javax.validation.Constraint
[ERROR]
Aborting compile due to errors in some input files

The compilation displays 65.300 lines, i cant copy/paste all of them.

Your project tries to use at least the Widget RPC add-on, for which there is no Vaadin 7 compatible version - and probably never will be as the RPC mechanisms in Vaadin 7 mostly eliminate the need for that add-on. Perhaps you are not using it directly but through another add-on that is not compatible with Vaadin 7.

That might not be the only problem, so remove the “-logLevel DEBUG” parameter but add “-strict” and copy the output again if it does not work after eliminating widget-rpc.