Widget set compilation broken by recent nightly builds

At version 6.5-20101105.010657-27, widget set compilation takes about 70 seconds on my old clunker and my application works just fine.

At any version since, if I recompile my widget set, the compilation is much, much shorter (about 35 seconds) I get a blank screen when I run my application.

If, having recompiled the widget set at the old version I put back the nightly version in my pom.xml, things keep working (I just can’t force a widgetset recompile).

I have systematically tested all the nightlies going back to November 5; every version after that one exhibits the broken behaviour.

I have a quite a few addons.

	<!-- vaadin and add-ons -->
	<dependency>
		<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
		<artifactId>vaadin</artifactId>
		<!-- last known working version for widgetset  6.5-20101105.010657-27  -->
		<version>6.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>icepush</artifactId>
		<version>0.1.2</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.icepush</groupId>
		<artifactId>icepush</artifactId>
		<version>2.0-Beta2</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>soundplayer</artifactId>
		<version>1.1.1</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>dashlayout</artifactId>
		<version>0.1.5-beta</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>weelayout</artifactId>
		<version>0.1</version>
	</dependency>
	<!-- <dependency> <groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId> <artifactId>blackboard</artifactId> 
		<version>2.0.1</version> </dependency> -->
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>customfield</artifactId>
		<version>0.7.3</version>
	</dependency>

	<!-- notifications on top of display -->
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>notifique</artifactId>
		<version>1.0.5</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>animator</artifactId>
		<version>1.1</version>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
		<artifactId>overlays</artifactId>
		<version>0.9.8</version>
	</dependency>

Hi,

Sorry. We had accidentally created a small catastrophe while optimizing the widgetset building a bit (well actually a lot on Window platform in some environments, see ticket http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/5954). All nightly builds between [15892]
and [15973]
were practically useless. The latest nightly already available should work fine again.

We currently try to keep 6.5 stable enough for developers. Using it (and giving feed back if something is wrong) is a great aid for us. This way we can get early feedback on new features and fix regressions before somebody drops the jar to a production environment. I hope you and all other active developers still continue to do this!

cheers,
matti

I there a RSS / twitter feed developers can subscribe to when such a thing happens. (Warning: gentle irony): since the regression test caught this failure the very first night, perhaps it could even be automatic. (Warning: sincere compliment) You guys are doing a truly fine job, keep up the good work, and yes, I will keep using the nightly builds.-_-

Heh. We have hundreds of test run each night, but none of them tested compiling a custom project with addons. Something we really should test for each and every nightly. I found this yesterday evening when testing some new API’s in an add-on project.

There is a ticket for it now:
http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/5983

cheers,
matti