Vaadin Warning causing UI to refresh abruptly

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to fix this issue for the past couple of days with no luck, any help would be truly appreciated.

I have an application which generates a report by running a background thread on the server, once the thread is done generating the report, it displays the report onto the UI by using the Vaadin Ice Push addon, by telling the UI of the report to update itself. Now the background thread and the Ice push component seem to work well together, I am getting the report rendered on the UI once the thread finishes creating the report. The issue is that after the Ice push component updates the UI, I get this abrupt refresh of the entire UI, and this occurs intermittently, not all the time.

While debugging this issue, this is what I have gathered so far:

After the report is run and the UI is updated, if I look in FireBug, I notice that an HTTP POST to http://webApp/listen.icepush has an HTTP status of “aborted”, also looking into the logs on my server, I noticed that whenever the abrupt UI refresh occurs, the following warning shows up in my logs:

WARNING: Warning: Ignoring variable change for non-existent component, VAR_PID=PID82

Could someone please explain to me what this warning means. I have also tried to find the component the VAR_PID variable mentioned above belongs to, but had not luck, do you guys know how I can find out which client side or server side component the VAR_PID mentioned in the warning belongs to ? That might help me narrow down where the issue is exactly.

I also strongly believe the abrupt entire UI refreshes and the warning are tied to together, as I only get the refresh once the warning shows up. A little bit more background information, I am also using a tab sheet component, which contains different reports in each tab. The abrupt UI refresh occurs on the tab sheet where it basically refreshes all the tabs that are open.

Once again, any help or guidance in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Mohamed Ahmed