vaadin:update-widgetset deletes <inherits> elements !

Hi guys,

I’m having a weird problem that running to Maven goal “vaadin:update-widgetset” clears my module xml file of elements. Before running the goal “vaadin:widgetset” my module xml file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC
  "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN"
    "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
<module>
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet" />
    <inherits name="com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset.InvientChartsWidgetset" />
</module>

While running the goal the elements vanish from the screen :slight_smile:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC
    "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN"
    "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
<module>

</module>

I’ve redone the same exercise with a separate test project and there it works. I’ve been replacing everything I can think of of the original project by the corresponding pieces of the test project. But still the widgetset file gets gutted by the Maven Vaadin plugin. :slight_smile:

Checklist:

• The addon is in the dependencies.
  • Created the GWT module file.
  • Added the servlet parameter pointing to the module file.

Since these are my first attempts at GWT and Vaadin addons, I guess I’m making a rooking mistake here. Anybody has any idea what I might have missed here ?

TIA !!!

Jan

REALLY nobody ?

It might be really important as I dragged/dropped the code into a new project. Which works… So there’s something somewhere that causes the plugin to unexpected behavior.

Hi,

I’m not sure what happens there. The vaadin:update-widgetset searches through the classpath to find widget sets, but apparently it finds none. I would understand not finding an add-on, but in your case it doesn’t even find the DefaultWidgetSet, which means that the Vaadin Jar is not in the classpath either.

The Maven output should say something that would give a clue. It’s normally something like this (yes the ERROR lines are normal):

[INFO]
 --- vaadin-maven-plugin:1.0.2:update-widgetset (default-cli) @ project-name ---
[INFO]
 auto discovered modules [your.company.gwt.MyWidgetSet]

[INFO]
 Updating widgetset your.company.gwt.MyWidgetSet
[ERROR]
 26.10.2011 10:25:52 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
[ERROR]
 INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
[ERROR]
         com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:/home/magi/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.7.0/vaadin-6.7.0.jar!/
[ERROR]
         your.company.gwt.MyWidgetSet in file:/home/magi/itmill/maventest/project-name/src/main/java
[ERROR]
         com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset.InvientChartsWidgetset in jar:file:/home/magi/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/invient-charts/0.8.5/invient-charts-0.8.5.jar!/
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
 26.10.2011 10:25:52 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
[ERROR]
 INFO: Search took 2ms

As a workaround, you could have the following comment line in the module file to prevent automatic update:

<!-- WS Compiler: manually edited -->