Vaadin Calendar drag and drop

Hi!

I’m currently trying to get drag and drop working with Vaadin Calendar. I want to drag rows from a table and drop them on the calendar.

So I implemented the drop handler just like in the example in the Book of Vaadin:

this.calendar = new Calendar();
this.mainLayout.addComponent(this.calendar);
this.calendar.setSizeFull();
this.calendar.setImmediate(true);
this.calendar.setDropHandler(new DropHandler() {

@Override
	public void drop(DragAndDropEvent event) {
		Notification.show("Dropped!");
	}

@Override
	public AcceptCriterion getAcceptCriterion() {
		return AcceptAll.get();
	}

});

The drop() method never get’s called.

I also tried dropping the rows onto another table just to make sure that drag and drop works generally. There the drop()-method was called and everything worked fine.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me?

I’m using Vaadin 7.0.1 with Calendar 2.0.0.

Achim

I tried to do the same and figured out that drag and drop functionality was switched off in Vaadin Calendar 2.0.0. Old classes are places withing sources jar but they are never used or called.
Also I have investigated Vaadin 7.0.4 sources jar and have figured out that drag and drop works only for Vaadin 6 compatible classes.

Think the question should sound something like: Are there any plans within Vaadin to enable drag drop for Vaadin 7.0.0 shared state approach?

Yes, unfortunately the drag & drop feature had to be dropped for Vaadin Calendar 2.0 due to time constraints.

The Vaadin Calendar will be integrated into the upcoming Vaadin 7.1 release and all future updates will most likely be done there. The Vaadin 7.1 beta1 release will not yet support drag & drop in the Calendar but it is targeted for the final version of 7.1. There is a ticket
tracking this if you want to follow its progress. The ticket also contains a patch you might be able to use until it has been fixed in core Vaadin.

Thank you John,
Sounds great…looking forward to when you migrating Vaadin 7 to new engine 100%.

Denis