Vaadin 7 to vaadin 8 migration - theme problem

Hello,
I am trying to migrate from 7 to 8 using compatibility mode. For some reason, Eclipse does not like my pom file for because of the theme section, so I thought I would unit test it goal by goal. First of all, I have NOT been able to run the migration tool yet ( separate problem ). Here is the offending section:

<plugin>
				<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
				<artifactId>vaadin-maven-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>${vaadin.plugin.version}</version>
				<configuration>
					<extraJvmArgs>-Xmx512M -Xss1024k</extraJvmArgs>
					<webappDirectory>${basedir}/target/classes/VAADIN/widgetsets</webappDirectory>
					<draftCompile>false</draftCompile>
					<compileReport>false</compileReport>
					<style>OBF</style>
					<strict>true</strict>
				</configuration>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<goals>
							<goal>update-theme</goal>
							<goal>update-widgetset</goal>
							<goal>compile</goal>
							<!-- Comment out compile-theme goal to use on-the-fly theme compilation -->
							<goal>compile-theme</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

And now what I did and the results:

1. mvn clean - no problems
  2. mvn vaadin:update-theme - no problems
  3. mvn vaadin:update-widgetset - no problems
  4. mvn vaadin:compile - failure with below results
PS D:\<userid>\Documents\workspaces\eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers\vaadinwebsite> mvn vaadin:compile
[INFO]
 Scanning for projects...
[INFO]

[INFO]
 ---------------------< com.mobiwms:vaadinwebsite >----------------------
[INFO]
 Building vaadinwebsite 4.0
[INFO]
 --------------------------------[ war ]
---------------------------------
[INFO]

[INFO]
 --- vaadin-maven-plugin:8.8.2:compile (default-cli) @ vaadinwebsite ---
[INFO]
 auto discovered modules [com.mobiwms.website.WmsWidgetSet]

[INFO]
 Using com.vaadin:vaadin-client-compiler version 8.8.2
[ERROR]
 May 29, 2019 6:42:52 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
[ERROR]
 WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
[INFO]
 Loading inherited module 'com.mobiwms.website.WmsWidgetSet'
[INFO]
    [ERROR]
 Unable to find 'com/mobiwms/website/WmsWidgetSet.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
[INFO]
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
 BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
[INFO]
 Total time:  6.214 s
[INFO]
 Finished at: 2019-05-29T18:42:52-04:00
[INFO]
[ERROR]
 Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:8.8.2:compile (default-cli) on project vaadinwebsite: Command [[
[ERROR]
 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191\jre\bin\java -Xmx512M -Xss1024k -Dgwt.persistentunitcache=false com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -logLevel INFO -style OBF -war D:\<userid>\Documents\workspaces\eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers\vaadinwebsite\target\classes\VAADIN\widgetsets -localWorkers 12 -failOnError -XfragmentCount -1 -sourceLevel auto -gen D:\<userid>\Documents\workspaces\eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers\vaadinwebsite\target\.generated com.mobiwms.website.WmsWidgetSet
[ERROR]
 ]] failed with status 1
[ERROR]
 -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]
 To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR]
 Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
 For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR]
 [Help 1]
 http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
PS D:\<userid>\Documents\workspaces\eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers\vaadinwebsite>

So what am I doing wrong?

I admit, I don’t purposely have a customer widgetset, it only there because of add-ons and what not. My goal is to get far enough in migration process so we can do a quick test of one of the screens, confirming no major surprises.

Update: the missing Widgetset thing is there and was changed when I started the migration tool ( migration tool failed to finish, but that is a separate forum post ). Here it is in find via Git Bash on my windows machine:

$ find . -name "WmsWidget*" -exec ls -lh {} \;
-rw-r--r-- 1 tonybaldarelli 197611 1.8K Dec 26 18:25 ./src/main/resources/com/mobiwms/website/WmsWidgetSet.gwt.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 tonybaldarelli 197611 1.8K Mar 14 16:59 ./target/classes/com/mobiwms/website/WmsWidgetSet.gwt.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 tonybaldarelli 197611 1.8K Mar 14 16:59 ./target/vaadinwebsite-3.0.185/WEB-INF/classes/com/mobiwms/website/WmsWidgetSet.gwt.xml

Still researching the windows error, but the fix I found online so far did not work,

Fixing migration upgrade 8 issue did not fix this issue like I hoped, still same exact error when run mvn vaadin:compile. What am I missing?