Vaadin 7.7.3 and apache 2.4 and tomcat 8.5.32. application does not load up

Vaadin 7.7.3 and apache 2.4 and tomcat 8.5.32. application does not load up and browser shows unending circle loading indicator. Issue is same as described as in https://vaadin.com/forum/thread/11430093 but however setting maxPostSize not applicable in my scenario as i am already using tomcat 8.5.32 and default post size is 2MB.

Basically system fails on vaadinBootstrap.js at line log(“Got root config response”, text); var updatedConfig = JSON.parse(text);

rather than json text i am getting html and i get java script error saying invalid token. but application works fine on windows. only seeing this issue on Linux platform. Could someone in this forum please help me resolve this issue?

Seems we have the same issue, or something very similar. I think the issue has something to do with the Proxy configuration in Apache, but I’m not sure and I have not been able to find a solution.

The above issue we got only after upgrading from apache 2.2 to apache 2.4. and also we were using ROOT context due to some vaadin restrictions in older releases. AS i could not found any solution to this and i configured a new application web context and the above problem resolved all of a sudden. Strange but thats what fixed it for me.

Glad to hear you got it working. I’m also using the ROOT context so I tried creating a new “app” context and deploying there, but still have the same issue. Do you have any specific configurations for the Apache proxy, or any updates to the Connectors in server.xml?