Vaadin 23 + Node 18 = GLIBC problem

Hi,
after updating my project to Java 17 and the newest Vaadin version, I suddenly receive errors in my Gitlab CI/CD pipeline when trying to download node. Anybody else facing this problem? With Node11 it works. Node 18 leads to this error:

Error output: /root/.vaadin/node/node: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by /root/.vaadin/node/node) /root/.vaadin/node/node: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /root/.vaadin/node/node) at com.vaadin.flow.server.frontend.FrontendUtils.executeCommand (FrontendUtils.java:1083) at com.vaadin.flow.server.frontend.FrontendUtils.getVersion (FrontendUtils.java:1048) at com.vaadin.flow.server.frontend.FrontendTools.getNodeVersionAndExecutable (FrontendTools.java:675) at com.vaadin.flow.server.frontend.FrontendTools.validateNodeAndNpmVersion (FrontendTools.java:631) at com.vaadin.flow.plugin.base.BuildFrontendUtil.prepareFrontend (BuildFrontendUtil.java:144) at com.vaadin.flow.plugin.maven.PrepareFrontendMojo.execute (PrepareFrontendMojo.java:56) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137) …

Vaadin 23 + Node 18 = GLIBC problem

It seems, that AWS only support GLIBC > 2.22 with Amazon Linux 2022. :frowning_with_open_mouth: Is it possible to use Node 16 with Vaadin 23?

Yes latest Node 16 is also supported by Vaadin 23

Can I configure Vaadin somehow to use Node 16? I like the autodownload feature in CI pipeline. Or do I need to install Node 16 in the docker container being used in CI?

I have Node 16 available on the system, but the prepare-frontend goal downloads 18 anyhow:

19694 [INFO] Couldn't find node. Installing Node and npm to /root/.vaadin.
19711 [INFO] Installing node version v18.12.1```

Ok, got it:

<nodeVersion>v16.19.0</nodeVersion>
                </configuration>```

The easiest would be to install it on your Container and make sure the process creating later the app can execute it properly