Using FontAwesome Icons with Navigator

Hello all,
I am currently working on a small application using athe Navigator UI component.
I am trying to add fontAwesome icons to the navigator labels, which I am stuck trying to figure out how I might add an icon into a string/navigator label.
I have attempted to add the html code from the icon directly into the string but that displays something along the lines of this… “” (See screenshot also)
At this point perhaps I need to extend the implementation of Navigator to allow icons, but I figured I’d see if anyone here has experienced the same problem before, and how they might have solved it.

Hopefully this is clear enough, please let me know if you have any suggestions or questions.
Cheers!

18726.png

Hi,

I don’t know what “Navigator UI component” you are referring to; the built-in Navigator class in Vaadin is not a UI component, but a utility class. It doesn’t have any visual appearance, so I don’t understand what you mean by navigator labels. The two Navigator add-ons that are in Directory are not for Vaadin 7.

I suspect that you are trying to use a FontIcon resource in a Label in text mode, or in an Embedded or Image component. Font icons can currently only be used in certain uses, such as component icons. A Label must be in HTML mode to be able to display raw HTML, as is done in
an example here

Thank you Marko! I realized I was using a custom extension that implements a view for Navigator. The custom view includes buttons that were initialized without icons. Problem solved after including methods that have icons as a parameter.