Upload 4MB File

I’m using the upload component, and it’s been fine until now. The cause seems to be trying to upload a file of few MBs that takes some time to upload. Basically, the browser says it’s done the upload, then the screen refreshes, but the file isn’t uploaded and none of the upload listener functions are called.

Is there something I need to do to handle larger uploads that take longer to get their data to the server?

Thanks.
-Rich

Update:

If running the app on my local machine and uploading a local file, there is no issue…uploaded a 200MB file fine.

When on the site, print line probes indicate that the receiver isn’t being called at all when the file is done uploading. It just refreshes the appearance of the Upload component. No error messages are posted or listeners fired.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

-Rich

After the file is done being sent from the client end, the only server console output I get is:

Jan 24, 2013 1:24:04 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
INFO: Requested resource [VAADIN/themes/mytheme/favicon.ico]
not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

This message is also shown after a successful upload.

I could understand if I couldn’t upload anything, or could only upload when the app ran on a certain machine, but why I can’t seem to upload files of any substantial size has been very puzzling.

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.
-Rich

Could there be a proxy, a content checking server or something like that between the computers that rejects big uploads?

Not that I’m aware of, but I’ll double-check with my server guy.

Yup, turns out there was a setting in nginx that was blocking uploads of greater than 2MBs.