Two questions about JSP Integration

Hello,

in the vaadin book there is a example for integrating one or multiple vaadin applications on a normal website.
That works fine for us, but we have two questions:

The Parameter versionInfo, is it still used, and what version numbers should I add in there ?

versionInfo
    This item is itself an associative map that contains two parameters: vaadinVersion 
    contains the version number of the Vaadin version used by the application. 
    The applicationVersion parameter contains the version of the particular application. 

The second question is about handling requests.
We have this integration which does display the correct window in the div tag.

<script type="text/javascript">
var vaadin = {
	vaadinConfigurations: {
		'vt' :{
		appUri:'../vaadin/VaadinTree/', 
		pathInfo: '/serial=1314686838933', 
		themeUri: '../VAADIN/themes/aarcat', 
		versionInfo : {vaadinVersion:"6.0.0-INTERNAL-NONVERSIONED-DEBUG-BUILD",applicationVersion:"NONVERSIONED"}
		}
		}};
</script>
<script language='javascript' src='../VAADIN/widgetsets/com.aarboard.aarcat2.admin.vaadin.Aarcat2VaadinWidgetset/com.aarboard.aarcat2.admin.vaadin.Aarcat2VaadinWidgetset.nocache.js?1314609837338'></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../VAADIN/themes/aarcat/styles.css"/>
<iframe id="__gwt_historyFrame" style="width:0;height:0;border:0;overflow:hidden" src="javascript:false"></iframe>
<div id="vt" style="width:800px;height:400px;border:2px solid red;margin:0"></div>

We now need to pass a parameter to the vaadin application/window each time the JSP page is rendered to
also update the content in the vaadin application.

For this we added a FragmentChangedListener to the window and tryed to add a random serial=xxx key
to the appUri and/or to the pathInfo.
But as soon as we add random part to appUri the browser gets in a endless loop of reloading the whole JSP page…

André

Anyone ?

An old thread, but for reference: if you want to see what is needed, I strongly recommend to let the application run once so that it generates its own startup page and copy the relevant parts to the multi-application template.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your second question without investigating deeper, but maybe you already found a solution.

“We now need to pass a parameter to the vaadin application/window each time the JSP page is rendered to
also update the content in the vaadin application.”
I have the same problem. Can someone please comment on how to solve this?
Thanks and regards,
Geeta