Trying to navigate to an unknown state '' and an error view provider not pr

Hi
I am using Navigator() so that I have a login page and a main page.
Everything works fine, I can login and be directed to the main page and from the main page using a menu option get back to the login page.

However if I click on the
to close the web page to close the page and then type into a new browser page the application’s URL I get the following error;

Apr 30, 2014 4:27:11 PM com.vaadin.server.DefaultErrorHandler doDefault
SEVERE:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to navigate to an unknown state ‘’ and an error view provider not present
at com.vaadin.navigator.Navigator.navigateTo(Navigator.java:528)
at com.vaadin.ui.UI.doInit(UI.java:612)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.UIInitHandler.getBrowserDetailsUI(UIInitHandler.java:223)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.UIInitHandler.synchronizedHandleRequest(UIInitHandler.java:73)
at com.vaadin.server.SynchronizedRequestHandler.handleRequest(SynchronizedRequestHandler.java:37)
at com.vaadin.server.VaadinService.handleRequest(VaadinService.java:1371)
at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:238)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:769)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:698)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:891)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

The only solution is to close and reopen the browser and then I can access the application.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Can you please share the code on how you are initializing various views in the navigator? Do you have a default View setup for fragement ‘’? Some thing like this

navigator.addView("", new LoginViewOrDefaultView());

Thanks.

better solution would be:

LoginView loginView = new LoginView ();
LogoutView logoutView = new LogoutView();

navigator.addView(“login”, loginView );
navigator.addView(“logout”, logoutView );

navigator.setErrorView(loginView );

more details at
https://vaadin.com/forum/#!/thread/2386776