Table with Horizontal layout?

I would like to display a list of images, allowing images to be selected and dragged to re-order them. All this seems doable with Table. However, I would prefer the list of images to be laid out horizontally rather than vertically. Is it possible to apply a “horozontal layout” to a table, or something along those lines, to make the items in the table appear as a horizontal strip, while still having all the selection and dragging capabilities of Table?

-JM

You cannot simply change the table orientation with respect to the drag and drop functionality.

Maybe something based on dragging components in a layout would be enough for your purposes - see
this demo
. You can also customize drag and drop further by working with the “low-level” API.

Yes, I’ve seen that demo, and considered it for my ues case. However, since I also need other aspects of the Table (e.g, the ability to select one or many items, mapping to a data model, etc), it would have been nice if the table functionality could have been re-used, rather than re-inventing this wheel.