Table Row data in two rows

Hi

I need to have a Table which displays medication information in the prescription for a patient. Then I need to display the prescription description just below the prescription data for each row. In effect the prescription description should come in the next row after i display the medication Data. Is there a possible way to display table row data in two rows?

You can put components in a table, as explained
here
and demonstrated
here
. The components can be not just atomic components, but have layouts, etc. They should normally have same height.

Here
is another case (with a Table inside Form).

I am well aware of using components inside the table rows using column generators. I am looking of a situation where HTML would be something like this

DATA1 DATA2 DATA3 PRESCRIPTION DESCRIPTION DATA1 DATA2 DATA3 PRESCRIPTION DESCRIPTION

is there any way of achieving this using vaadin

You might be interested by the topic
Representing tri-dimensional data in a grid
I used a CssLayout as cell component, but indeed I plan to use a
CustomLayout
here, as it might lead to finer control of the content of each cell (with lot of cells, the lighter is the better!).
You might want to use divs instead of tds, though.

Unfortunately Table does not support colspan-like layout, so either you need to use the components-in-table approach (which has its limitations) or use some other component than Table. For example, GridLayout allows colspan, but it doesn’t work for huge amonts of data.