styles.scss exists but ScssStyleshee t was not able to find it on WebLogic

Hello everyone

I am trying to deploy a vaadin application on a weblogic server but after deploying
if i launch the application i get the following errors

INFO: Requested resource
[/VAADIN/themes/vaadintest/styles.css] not found from f
ilesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classp
ath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

WARNING: Scss file VAADIN/themes/vaadintest/styles.scss exists but ScssStyleshee
t was not able to find it

INFO: Requested resource
[/VAADIN/themes/vaadintest/favicon.ico] not found from
filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your class
path or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConnection
SEVERE: CSS files may have not loaded properly.

When i deploy the same application on any other servers like Tomcat or Glassfish
the applicaation works fine, but in the case of weblogic the style.scss file doesnt get loaded.

Is there anything i can do

Thanku for help in advance

Hi,

The problem you are seeing is probably https://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/17455, i.e. the on-the-fly theme compiler is unable to read your theme file.

The easiest way to get it to work on WebLogic would be to just compile the theme yourself before deploying the war (using the Maven goal or the compile button provided by the plug-in in Eclipse).

It’s probably possible to get on-the-fly theme compiling to work on WebLogic also, the easiest way would be if you can tell WebLogic to unpack the war while deploying, instead of reading the files directly from the war.

Hi Arthur,

I am facing this issue with Vaadin 7.7.x and Weblogic 12.1. How does one compile the the theme with Ivy prior to compiling? It would be nice if Vaadin had a way to build using the maven archetype with a weblogic.xml file.

Thanks for any advice.
Eric