Status of TouchKit

I’m developing an iphone webapp with Touchkit and was wondering when the next update will be available?

Hi,

We have worked on it during the winter and spring, but it is not yet ready for release. Still I’d start with the new (unreleased) version now rather than with the old one. The new version is practically a rewrite and has lots of new features. We’ll try to build a demo software and fix some bugs before summer, but I don’t like to make any estimates on release dates. If you are interested to test and comment it, you can easily build a snapshot release of it using maven.

svn co http://dev.vaadin.com/svn/addons/TouchKit
cd TouchKit
mvn install

If you decide to try it, feel free to provide feedback via email or forum.

cheers,
matti

I’ve already built stuff with the old TouchKit. What will the new Touchkit provide? Is it related to Android or is it more features? If so what will they be?

Hi,

API for viewport etc., completely rewritten more reusable navigation components, some essential fields (like number field that hints mobile browsers to show different kind of keyboard), geolocation. I may have forgotten something but I guess that’s it in a nutshell. Hopefully it will also fix more bugs than it introduces. ios and android are the main targets for the project, but I have seen it working to extend on Bada and Nokia N8 too.

cheers,
matti

ok, thanks for the feedback