Spreadsheet integration causes poi error even though all jars are there

Hi there,

I am trying to integrate vaadin spreadsheet with our current vaadin application and we are facing error generated from the add-on. I have added following maven dependency:

<!--  Vaadin Spreadsheet  -->
          <dependency>
             <groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId>
             <artifactId>vaadin-spreadsheet</artifactId>
             <version>1.1.6</version>
          </dependency>

And I have tried it with vaadin 7.6.4 version as well as 7.5.4 both are giving the same error as below:
Apr 06, 2016 2:51:14 PM com.vaadin.server.DefaultErrorHandler doDefault
SEVERE:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.getDrawingPatriarch()Lorg/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/XSSFDrawing;
at com.vaadin.addon.spreadsheet.SpreadsheetFactory.getDrawing(SpreadsheetFactory.java:798)
at com.vaadin.addon.spreadsheet.SpreadsheetFactory.loadSheetImages(SpreadsheetFactory.java:741)
at com.vaadin.addon.spreadsheet.SpreadsheetFactory.reloadSpreadsheetData(SpreadsheetFactory.java:467)
at com.vaadin.addon.spreadsheet.SpreadsheetFactory.reloadSpreadsheetComponent(SpreadsheetFactory.java:265)
at com.vaadin.addon.spreadsheet.SpreadsheetFactory.reloadSpreadsheetComponent(SpreadsheetFactory.java:218)
at com.vaadin.addon.spreadsheet.Spreadsheet.(Spreadsheet.java:359)

In addition I have tried adding POI jar dependency in maven as well. Please see our pom.xml file attached.

Hi Surenda,

Looks like the attachment wasn’t added.

This shouldn’t be a problem related to the vaadin version you’re using.

Can you check which version of poi-ooxml jar is maven resolving for your project?

• If you’re using eclipse you can see it ProjectExplorer under Libraries/Maven Dependencies or in dependency hierarchy view of the pom.xml.
  • If you’re using maven from command line you can just run the following in the project folder

mvn dependency:tree -Dincludes=org.apache.poi:poi-ooxml Version should be 3.12.

If it’s not 3.12 please add the result of the dependency:tree command to your answer.

Thanks