Sorting the elements in a Twin Column Select

[font=Verdana]
I’ve a Twin Column select with values say 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

Once I select 4,5,6 ; in the selectable column values are displayed as 1,2,3,7,8,9

But when I remove the selected item, the selectable window shows them as 1,2,3,7,8,9,4,5,6

But I want to show them in sorted order as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

Can some one help me to achieve this functionality.

Also how can I get the list of items in left select selection column?
[/font]
12013.jpg
12014.jpg
12015.jpg

Hi,

I am not 100% sure, but
this
add-on might fullfil your needs (or give some guidelines on what to do).

kind regards,
sasha

Thanks…

I tried the sample. But it didn’t give what I needed. It is something like user is allowed to change the order.

In my application it should look like a normal TwinColumnSelect with only two buttons. This TwinColumnSelect will contain hundreds of attributes which will be used to generate some reports based on the selected items. The user will be continuously selecting and deselecting the items. So, when do they deselect the item it should go into proper position (in alphabetical order) instead of adding it the end. As the number of items are huge the user will be looking for the items in the alphabetical order.

The main intention here is the items selectable and selected columns should be in sorted order.

In general, both that add-on and
this one
effectively make TwinColSelect somehow ordered - the default implementation uses a set for the values and IIRC does not handle returning the original values to the same location where they were originally when removed from the selected items list.

It is also quite easy to build this yourself with lists and buttons in a suitable layout if you want more control - you don’t need a custom client side component, just server side composition.