Show Description in Vaadin flow Timeline serise tooltip along with the X axis Value

@secure-leopard I am trying to display a unique description for each data point in Timeline graph tooltip , below is the code I am using but the description is not displaying can you please help

DataSeriesItem item = new DataSeriesItem();
item.setX(value.getDate());
item.setDescription(value.getDescription());
item.setY(value.getNumber());
serise.add(item);

I have also enabled Accessibility module as suggested in the comments in DataSeriseItem setDescription method

like below

Accessibility accessibility = configuration.getAccessibility();
accessibility.setEnabled(true);
accessibility.setDescribeSingleSeries(true);

@secure-leopard @useful-whale can you guys please help here

Please do not ping individual members. This is a community chat and we cannot guarantee that any given team member or community member is the one who can answer your question.

I don’t personally have that much experience with the timeline component. I’m not sure how to add a description

I also don’t know the vast Charts API by heart, but I’m pretty sure setDescription sets a description for screen readers, not a tooltip, as the JavaDoc says
A description of the series to add to the screen reader information about the series.

Isn’t there a setTooltip method on DataSeriesItem?

The docs also have an example of configuring a tooltip on the series: https://vaadin.com/docs/latest/components/charts/configuration/#practical-examples

Thanks , the setDescription method worked, and in setTooltip on DataSeriesItem tooltip.setPointFormat(“{series.name}: {point.y} {point.description}”)