Show buttons on mouse over

Hello,
I’m new to VAADIN, and I’d like to implement such functionality that when I roll the mouse over some component, some buttons pops up right to the component. Imagine a box, when I position the mouse over the box, a “remove box” button appears.

Please consult what approach to take. Could I use the com.vaadin.ui APIs or should I implement custom widget?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Dinko

You should definitely implement client side widget for that, as none of available components sends mouse over events back to server. I believe such functionality should be implemented as client side only to avoid unnecessary client-server requests.

Thanks a lot Michal,
Your hint was valuable to me. I created new custom widget via the wizard and inspecting the example code.
It suites my needs.

Cheers,
Dinko

Hi Dinko.

I have a requirement to show an thumbnail image when mouse over happens on a label. Could you please help us by sharing the code for custom widget you have done? Thanks

Hi,

You could also try out the
Snappy add-on
, which allows you to do client side actions without actually building any new client side components. This kind of “show on hover” thing is basically what the add-on was built for.