Session expired before push disconnect event was received

Hello everybody.

In my project, I am updating the user’s UI with the Broadcaster Pattern. The broadcaster is called in the backend as soon as a post request is made and it works… for a couple of milliseconds. Then, the entire view is reloaded and the state of the view is completely lost.
The project uses Vaadin 23.3.3 & Jetty 9.4.50.v20221201 with plain Java without CDI. Push is enabled as well.
According to the logs, there is something wrong with the PushHandler and the Session which expires all of the sudden.
What am I missing here?.. :frowning_with_open_mouth:
logs.png

Hard to say. You can try to upgrade to the latest Vaadin version (23.3.6) as some fixes for push has been released

:frowning_with_open_mouth: didn’t work…

Are you able to share the code? I wonder what is closing the Vaadin session :thinking:

unfortunately i can’t share any of the code :frowning_with_open_mouth: what are the usual suspects for vaadin session expiration? @secure-leopard

Also. this one shows up from time to time Problem in web socket session -- org.atmosphere.container.JSR356Endpoint.onError(JSR356Endpoint.java:309) org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.core.exception.WebSocketTimeoutException: Connection Idle Timeout

Casual observation: There are some weird things I notice in that log there, including hotswap agent and resteasy.

and JRebel

I guess JRebel and hotswapagent are debugging logs saying they’re not there, but the resteasy is doing something

Yes. I was wondering the same thing… I suspect I am using something wrong/forgetting something in order to be triggering this behaviour. The question is what