RichTextArea - problem with getValue() on Chrome/Opera

on panel I have RichTextArea component. It works when I’m opening application on Firefox but under Chrome or Opera getValue() return only empty values or value I’m setting when I create panel.
I’m using Vaadin 6.4.10, setImmediate(true) doesn’t change anything. Adding ValueChangeListener to RichTextArea also doesn’ work under those two browsers.
I would be grateful for any help or advice.

Did you already try it with the latest Vaadin 6 version? (6.8.14)
This might’ve been a bug which was fixed already in a later version.

I updated Vaadin to 6.8.4. It doesn’t change anything, RichTextArea works only under Firefox.

What browser versions are you using?
And can you create a small code snippet reproducing the error?
This example
seems to work fine for me as does the Vaadin 7 sampler
on every browser.

private Label richText;
private final RichTextArea editor = new RichTextArea();
private Button btEdit;
private Button btAnuluj;
private MyObject model;

private void initComponents() {
editButtons = new HorizontalLayout();
richText = new Label();
btEdit = new Button();
btEdit.addListener(new ClickListener() {

        public void buttonClick(ClickEvent event) {
             if (getComponentIterator().next() == richText) {
                    replaceComponent(richText, editor);
                } else {
                    model.setDescription((String) editor.getValue());
                    replaceComponent(editor, richText);
    btAnuluj = new Button();
    btAnuluj.addListener(new ClickListener() {
        public void buttonClick(ClickEvent event) {
             replaceComponent(editor, richText);

public void fillData(MyObject obj){
    this.model = obj;

[/code]This is one of examples how I use RichTextArea in my code.
Chrome version : Wersja 35.0.1916.153 m

Weird…i tested exactly your case and it worked without a problem.
Try putting System.out.println(editor.getValue()) inside the if below:
model.setDescription((String) editor.getValue());
This way you can directly see if getValue() really returns something false. (That’s what i did because i don’t have model)

Today I tested my code in Opera 12.0 and it worked well.
After update to 19.0 it stopped working.
I will try to update my Vaadin and test in again in older browser versions.