Redirect Vaadin App

I am currently hosting my vaadin app on openshift. My main website redirects to the vaadin app when the login button is clicked. The first thing the user sees is the login page

I have 2 buttons on my website, a free trial button and a login button, and I have 2 different classes in my vaadin app, a login class and a free trial class.

How can I make the login button redirect to the login class of my vaadin app and the free trial button redirect to the free trial class of my vaadin app?

This is what it currently looks like:

@Theme("mytheme")
    @Widgetset("com.example.myapp.MyAppWidgetset")
    @PreserveOnRefresh
    public class MyUI extends UI {

@WebServlet(urlPatterns = "/*", name = "MyUIServlet", asyncSupported = true)
        @VaadinServletConfiguration(ui = MyUI.class, productionMode = false)
        public static class MyUIServlet extends VaadinServlet {
        }

@Override
        protected void init(VaadinRequest vaadinRequest) {
            login();
        }

Hi,

sounds like you want a Navigator. Take a look at the Book of Vaadin chapter
Navigating in an Application

Hope this helps,
Olli

Thank you! Would you have any insight into how to implement this for my situation? I read through the docs but I dont really understand it.

How can I use this to redirect www.trial.mywebsite.com to the trialUI class
And redirect www.login.mywebsite.com to the LoginUI class?

Hi,

Navigator works with
URI Fragments
, so it won’t help you go to a different subdomain like that. Vaadin applications are single-page applications - different “pages” like mysite.com/#login or mysite.com/#signup are just views you display in the same browser page. You can of course serve multiple Vaadin Servlets from the same domain and redirect between them, for example by using Page.getCurrent().setLocation(). However, that would not (in my opinion) be a good architecture in a case where you just use to provide different views for the same app. That doesn’t mean you have to give up anything like access control, bookmarkable links or browser back button behavior - they work just as well with single-page applications.

If you just want to see a simple working example, take a look at the
Book of Vaadin examples about Navigator

-Olli