problemas with vaadin plugin

I create a project with the vaadin plugin 8.

when i try to install with maven (mvn install), i ve got some problems about compile-theme

[INFO]

[INFO]
BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]

[INFO]
Total time: 8.181 s
[INFO]
Finished at: 2017-11-04T19:25:52Z
[INFO]
Final Memory: 14M/172M
[INFO]

[ERROR]
Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:8.1.6:compile-theme (default) on project myapp: Compiling theme “VAADIN/themes/mytheme” failed: Command [[
[ERROR]
/bin/sh -c ‘/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_144.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java’ ‘-Xmx1G’ ‘com.vaadin.sass.SassCompiler’ ‘/Users/jdeltru/PFC/workspace/vaadin/myapp/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/themes/mytheme/styles.scss’ ‘/Users/jdeltru/PFC/workspace/vaadin/myapp/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/themes/mytheme/styles.css’

Can you try creating a project with the Maven archetype instead? See here:
https://vaadin.com/framework/get-started#maven

-Olli

i did the tutorial using New / Maven Project from Eclipse and i hadn’t any problem. i was comparing the both POMs (with Maven and with the Plugin) they are identical but when i tried to do mvn install the plugin version i had an error about the compile-theme.

I attach the ERROR file.

It fail the goal update-theme a cause of parsing a jar file, but some lines below it said that the mytheme is updates.

It is said that is using vaading - client - compiler i don’t know why because the archetype in the plugin vaadin use the built-in widgetset and don’t need vaadin - client -compliler ( i read that use vaadin - client - compiled ).

37808.pdf (45.5 KB)

So strange now.
If i create a project (with maven or with the vaadin pluigin) and try mvn install it fail vaadin-maven-plugin:update-theme.

Hi,
you may have some corrupted jar in local maven repository.
Try to run mvn dependency:purge-local-repository and then build the project again

HTH
Marco

Thanks a lot Marco, i was going crazy and also corrupted :wink:

I purge the local repository and now all is OK.

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Marco