Problem with removing component

Hi,

EDIT: sry, this was intended to be in forum post for CountDownClock addon

I came across a problem: If you count down, let’s say 1 minute, and remove the CountdownClock component after 30 seconds (e.g. via button) then I get an out of sync message after the original 1 minute is passed. Console states:

WARNING: Warning: Ignoring variable change for non-existent component, VAR_PID=PID37

It seems that the component continues to work on the client side. Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks for any help,
Steffen

My guess is that the client side implementation is not stopping the timer associated with the countdown when the component is detached. In the client side widget override the detach() method and stop the countdown there. Or ask the addon author to do so :wink:

Ok, I would ask the author but don’t know how to contact him directly. The author is

https://vaadin.com/c/my_places/view?groupId=13139&privateLayout=0

I have already posted another question in the CountdownClock addon forum post but no reply so far. Maybe I am too stupid to find the private message function ^^

Hi

I’ll try to fix this problem once I find some spare time.

• Kim

That would be nice! Thx

FWIW, I was able to work around this by resetting the clock with setDate(Calendar.getInstance().getTime()) and cause the end event to fire immediately. The component can then be removed without causing a synch error notification later.

I think it is sufficient to override onDetach to cancel the timer and to have a condition isAttached before sending the event in timer run() method in your client-side component.

Regards,
Steffen

Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, the bug in the add on has now been fixed. Download the newest version from
the directory