Problem loading widgets in TouchKit application

I have a legacy web application for which I would like to develop mobile version. I already use Vaadin 6.x for some functionality and now I would like to incorporate TouchKit into it. I am having problems with the TouchKit widgetset. I am unable to recompile the widgetset because my project is not a dynamic web project. I dropped a Touchkit enabled widgetset from another project onto the classpath but it cannot be found as shown below:

INFO: Requested resource [VAADIN/widgetsets/com.ngsltd.portal.mobile.MobileSiteWidgetset/cache.manifest]
not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.
Nov 6, 2013 9:47:14 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
INFO: Requested resource [VAADIN/widgetsets/com.ngsltd.portal.mobile.MobileSiteWidgetset/com.ngsltd.portal.mobile.MobileSiteWidgetset.nocache.js]
not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

My web.xml is as follows:

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>mobile</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.server.TouchKitApplicationServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>application</param-name>
            <param-value>com.ngsltd.portal.mobile.MobileSiteApplication</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param> 
            <param-name>widgetset</param-name> 
            <param-value>com.ngsltd.portal.mobile.MobileSiteWidgetset</param-value> 
            <!--param-value>com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.gwt.TouchKitWidgetSet</param-value-->
        </init-param>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>/VAADIN/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>RecorderFeeCalcTool</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/RecorderFeeCalcTool/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>/mobile/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Trying to use com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.gwt.TouchKitWidgetSet without compilation, as shown in the tutorial, does not work either.

The widgetset definition file from another project looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
<module>
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet"/>
    <!--
     Uncomment the following to compile the widgetset for one browser only.
     This can reduce the GWT compilation time significantly when debugging.
     The line should be commented out before deployment to production
     environments.

Multiple browsers can be specified for GWT 1.7 as a comma separated
     list. The supported user agents at the moment of writing were:
     ie6,ie8,gecko,gecko1_8,safari,opera

The value gecko1_8 is used for Firefox 3 and later and safari is used for
     webkit based browsers including Google Chrome.
    -->
    <!-- <set-property name="user.agent" value="gecko1_8"/> -->
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.gwt.TouchKitWidgetSet"/>
</module>

Can I make it work this way? I hope to get some help on getting TouchKit up and running in my legacy up. My 30% coupon expires in 2 days :wink:
13304.jpg

One issue I see immediately is that your widgetset is in the wrong folder; it needs to be in a folder that is accessible through http (putting it next to the theme should work).

You can compile the widgetset in many ways, e.g. with Ant or Maven, if you can’t use the Eclipse plugin.