Possible Bug when attach void in UI Class

Hey Vaadin developers.

I just found a Bug or at least what i think is a Bug:
If you Override the attach void in the UI class and then cause an RPC to get fired for example through resizing the window or changing the Uri a warning gets logged saying that no such connector could be found:

14.05.2013 13:09:20 com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler parseInvocation
WARNUNG: RPC call to com.vaadin.shared.ui.ui.UIServerRpc.resize received for connector 2 but no such connector could be found. Resynchronizing client.
14.05.2013 13:09:22 com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler parseInvocation
WARNUNG: RPC call to v.v received for connector 2 but no such connector could be found. Resynchronizing client.

Example code to reproduce:

import com.vaadin.server.Page.UriFragmentChangedEvent;
import com.vaadin.server.Page.UriFragmentChangedListener;
import com.vaadin.server.VaadinRequest;
import com.vaadin.ui.Button;
import com.vaadin.ui.Button.ClickEvent;
import com.vaadin.ui.Label;
import com.vaadin.ui.UI;
import com.vaadin.ui.VerticalLayout;

@SuppressWarnings("serial")
public class MyVaadinUI extends UI
{

@Override
    protected void init(VaadinRequest request) {
    	setImmediate(true); //When left out the warning only gets logged when a server request is fired. For example when the window is resized and afterwards the button is clicked
        final VerticalLayout layout = new VerticalLayout();
        layout.setMargin(true);
        setContent(layout);

Button button = new Button("Click Me");
        button.addClickListener(new Button.ClickListener() {
            public void buttonClick(ClickEvent event) {
                layout.addComponent(new Label("Thank you for clicking"));
            }
        });
        layout.addComponent(button);
        getPage().addUriFragmentChangedListener(new UriFragmentChangedListener() {

@Override
			public void uriFragmentChanged(UriFragmentChangedEvent event) {
				System.out.println("Fragment changed to " + event.getUriFragment()); //Will not get called
			}
		});
    }

@Override
    public void attach(){

}
}

I post it in the forum because i’m not sure if this is desired behaviour or really a bug. Although i think if it is the normal behaviour it should maybe be handeled differently then the current blocking the events.

Regards,
M.R.

You need to call super.attach() in your overriden attach method or else the framework will not be able to handle the attach()

Ok so it’s not a Bug. I just ran into it in another project without realizing that i now have to call super.attach().

Thank you for your answer.