PopupContent in table - UnsupportedOperationException

Error on PopupContent in table

Hi, I wanted to use a CustomComponent (view) in a table as a popupView.
So I used the visual editor to create my view, and I implements PopupView.Content on this class

Then on each row of my table I add this component as a new item / property

It works perfectly (when I click on a row, the popupView appears), but when I’m hovering on a line on which I already click, I get this error

Exception

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

at com.vaadin.ui.CustomComponent.removeComponent(CustomComponent.java:248)

at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponentContainer.addComponent(AbstractComponentContainer.java:207)

at com.vaadin.ui.PopupView.setPopupVisible(PopupView.java:186)

at com.vaadin.ui.PopupView.changeVariables(PopupView.java:352)

at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.changeVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1455)

at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariableBurst(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1399)

at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1318)

at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.doHandleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:763)

at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(CommunicationManager.java:296)

at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.service(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:501)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:156)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Although it doesn’t prevent me from clicking again on the row…

Maybe there’s some incompatibility between popupView and customComponents ?

Ps : I use vaadin 6.7.6

Raw CustomComponent does not implement addComponent/removeComponent and just throw an exception when called.
If you only want to silence that error, you can override removeComponent in your custom component and make it do nothing (instead of throwing an exception).
If you want to do whatever the popup is trying to do when calling removeComponent, I think you should start by looking what is passed as a parameter and investigate from that.

Thanks for the trick.
So yes, I just want to make the error silent.

Unfortunately when I implement the removeComponent method, doing nothing, as you suggest I get this new error (replacing the previous one) :

Exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.vaadin.ui.AbsoluteLayout already has a parent.
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.setParent(AbstractComponent.java:546)
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponentContainer.addComponent(AbstractComponentContainer.java:211)
	at com.vaadin.ui.PopupView.setPopupVisible(PopupView.java:186)
	at com.vaadin.ui.PopupView.changeVariables(PopupView.java:352)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.changeVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1455)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariableBurst(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1399)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1318)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.doHandleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:763)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(CommunicationManager.java:296)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.service(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:501)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:156)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I’m not sure how to interpret : com.vaadin.ui.AbsoluteLayout already has a parent (?)