Ozone Push interruption problem

Hey Folks,

I got a strange and complex problem with the Don’t Push Ozone Layer addon.

I am using the push functionality to push values, that are received by jms, directly to an invient charts window (highcharts).
The app is deployed at a glassfish server on the local machine - database and jms server are running on a virtual machine.
There’s no problem, everything’s working smooth and fine. Then I deployed the app to a testserver (virtual machine) and now the problems occur.

All value changes are retrieved by the app and “pushed” to the window, but there can only be 2-5 values pushed directly to the browser window. After that, the push functionality interrupts and I have to reload the window to see the latest values.

After identifying the push component as the root cause for this interrupt I tried to start an evaluation with different systems, all running the same app.
For this I zipped the glassfish with the deployed app, that is running fine on my local machine, and copied it to other machines, with different specifications.
Then I tried to connect from localhost and from another remote machine, but it makes no difference.

Here is my experiment:

Glassfish 3.1.2.2 with Vaadin App (same version on all machines)

Machine 1: Dev. Desktop PC, Win 7, JDK 1.6.0_35 / 1.7.0_09 (64-bit)
Machine 2: Dev. Desktop PC, Win 7, JDK 1.6.0_37 (64-bit)
Machine 3: Dev. Desktop PC, Win 7, JDK 1.7.0 (64-bit)
Machine 4: Virtual Machine (VMware), Ubuntu 12 Server, JDK 1.7.0_09 (64-bit)
Machine 5: Virtual Machine (VMWare), WinXP, JDK 1.7.0_09 (32-bit)
Machine 6: Laptop (WLAN), Ubuntu 12 Desktop, JDK 1.7.0_09 (64-bit)
Machine 7: Laptop (WLAN), Win 7, JDK 1.7.0_09 (64-bit)

Results:
M1: Working
M2: Working
M3: Working
M4: Not Working
M5: Not Working
M6: Not Working
M7: Working

This is totally confusing and complex.
The one and only thing, the working machines have in common is the OS (Windows 7).
Everything else stands in contrast with another machine. So the Java versions makes no difference, nor the intranet connection (Lan/Wlan).
The company proxy was another problem i identified, but makes no sense, when you try it from localhost, so this must be fine.
I also checked different browsers, just to be sure, but it is the same with Chrome or Firefox.

I don’t have any idea anymore, why the connection interrupts. There is no error anywhere, no exception, even the heartbeats from the push servlet are send.
I already used wireshark to take a look at the http packets, but there is nothing strange.

Can anyone out there please help me?
Thanks in advance!!

Valentin

Hi,

I can’t see any problematic issues from your list below. Finding the real issue is almost impossible without access to browser and server. I’d check firewall settings in both clients and servers. Issues I have had with latest version have been on the clients side. Some third party firewall softwares or internet security tools blocks websocket connections that they don’t recognise.

cheers,
matti