No marketplace entries found to handle vaadin-maven-plugin:7.5.5:update-the

Hi,

when I create a new Vaadin 7.5.5 project from Eclipse as a Maven project, I get an error "No marketplace entries found to handle
vaadin-maven-plugin:7.5.5:update-theme
in Eclipse.

I do NOTget this error if I create a Vaadin 7.1.15 project.
My environment is Eclipse Mars and Apache Maven 3.3.3.

Actions performed:

Eclipse >File >New >Maven Project >Select an Archtype:
Group ID com.vaadin
Artifact Id vaadin-archetype-application
Version 7.5.5

Next

Entering

Group Id: de.ssg
Artifact Id: ssg-platform
Version: 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
Package: de.ssg.ssg_platform

Properties available from archtype:
Name Value
uiName MyUI
widgetsetName MyAppWidgetset
themename mytheme

Finish

I see a window named:

Setup Maven plugin connectors - Discover and map Eclipse plugins to Maven plugin goal executions.

saying:

Maven Build “vaadin-maven-plugin:7.5.5:update-theme (1 errors)”
Action “Resolve later”

Description:
“No marketplace entries found to handle vaadin-maven-plugin:7.5.5:update-theme in Eclipse.”

Finish

I see a window:

“Continuing with import will result in projects with build errors, please see help for more information”

OK

pom.xml is now marked with red cross by Eclipse. Opening pom.xml says in red words:
“Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:7.5.5:update-theme (execution: default, phase: generate-sources)”

Because I do not get this for a Vaadin 7.1.15 project, I wonder if there might be sth missing for the 7.5.5 archetypes?

Adding some code from pom.xml. The red marked line is where Eclipse says "“Plugin execution not coverd by lifecycle configuration: com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:7.5.5:update-theme (execution: default, phase: generate sources)”

<!-- The Jetty plugin allows us to easily test the development
            build by running jetty:run on the command line. -->
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.eclipse.jetty</groupId>
            <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${jetty.plugin.version}</version>
            <configuration>
                <scanIntervalSeconds>2</scanIntervalSeconds>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
            <artifactId>vaadin-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${vaadin.plugin.version}</version>
            <configuration>
                <extraJvmArgs>-Xmx512M -Xss1024k</extraJvmArgs>
                <webappDirectory>${basedir}/target/classes/VAADIN/widgetsets</webappDirectory>
                <draftCompile>false</draftCompile>
                <compileReport>false</compileReport>
                <style>OBF</style>
                <strict>true</strict>
            </configuration>
            <executions>
                <[color=#FF0000]

execution

[/color]>

update-theme

Found a hint regarding the issue on that Vaadin 7.0.0 Wiki page:

https://vaadin.com/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Creating+a+Maven+project

"vaadin:
update-theme
scans for Vaadin add-on JARs in the project and updates the addons.scss file by adding references for themes declared by add-ons. It supports the parameter to select which theme to update, and updates all themes in the project if the parameter is absent.

vaadin:
compile-theme
compiles a styles.scss of a theme into styles.css. It supports the parameter to select which theme to compile, and compiles all themes in the project if the parameter is absent.

Themes should be pre-compiled for production deployments and can be compiled for development environments, but note that the presence of a pre-compiled theme prevents automatic recompilation of the theme at runtime in a development environment.

These goals can be tied to the appropriate build lifecycle with an section to automatically execute them during the build. Some of the archetypes do this by default.
Note that Eclipse may show errors about these goals when they are tied to the lifecycle unless a special configuration of the m2e plug-in is added to the POM. These messages are harmless (caused by m2e not knowing how to handle these goals), and can be ignored
."

Even though these messages may be harmless, they are irritating because other error messages regarding the project cannot be visualized by Eclipse adequately. I wonder how to configure the m2e plug-in so ?

Btw., the project runs and the Vaadin GUI shows up in browser, so the error doesn’t seem to be too serious. Still I prefer a clean solution.

I’d just like to join in! I understand this type of error being an eclipse maven integration related nuisance showing up with a lot of other maven plugins as well. Still when following the Vaadin manual creating a boilerplate project should not leave you with a pom.xml error in Eclipse.

The issue described seems to have been fixed for Vaadin 7.6.0 archetypes. Thanks, guys!