New project from vaadin-application archetype not starting

I added this: public static void main(String[] args) { SpringApplication.run(AppShell.class, args); }. I log:

[main] INFO com.graphhopper.AppShell - Starting AppShell using Java 21.0.2 with PID 12008 (C:\Users\joelm\Sync\graphhopper\web-job\target\classes started by joelm in C:\Users\joelm\Sync\graphhopper)
[main] INFO com.graphhopper.AppShell - No active profile set, falling back to 1 default profile: "default"
[main] INFO com.graphhopper.AppShell - Started AppShell in 0.84 seconds (process running for 1.135)

Process finished with exit code 0```

Use http://start.vaadin.com instead. I don’t personally think that the Archetype is really maintained.

Which archetype did you use?
If you want to create a Spring Boot based application the archetype is vaadin-archetype-spring-application

vaadin-archetype-application is for plain Java apps

I don’t remember, but start.vaddin.com worked. Probably vaadin-archetype-application but there was no main method or plugin to start the application provided.

That archetype is pure war project, so it doesn’t have Spring Boot or main method. You ought to use the spring variant Marco mentioned if your want Spring Boot app