New addon: CrudContainer

Hi!

I just uploaded my CrudContainer add-on in the Directory http://vaadin.com/directory#addon/crudcontainer-vaadin

The CrudContainer uses a Crud interface that supports eventhandling, filtering, sorting and limiting and
the container also supports all of these. It will detect changes in a Crud and let the Crud filter, sort and limit
the data contained in the Container.

The filtering is done using a Filtering API which the Crud can use to filter its beans or translate to another
API(Lucene and JPA translations are supported by the Filtering API).

Any feedback is welcome!

The container seems pretty interesting.

Btw, I couldn’t help but notice that you have dual-licensed your add-on with both Apache License 2.0 and CVAL 1.0. There’s nothing wrong with that, but since Apache License 2.0 is so permissive, given the two choices, I’d imagine everyone choosing the Apache one, instead of CVAL. You probably didn’t intend this, so just letting you know.

PS: you also seem to have the AGPL license text in your source tree, but you don’t reference it anywhere. Plus, your sources have the Apache 2.0 resource stub license text (or whatever it’s called), but you don’t have the Apache license text in your source tree.

You probably want to review and clarify the licensing of your add-on.

Hi Henrik.

Thanx.

You are absolutely right. I’ve messed it up a bit. :slight_smile:
I’m gonna change it to AGPL + CVAL in the next release.

Thank you for your feedback.

/Michael

License has now been updated.

Hi,

I’d like to give the CRUD-container a try by using the Maven POM, but Maven complains about missing parent project. Seems like you forgot to upload the parent POM.

• John Erik

Hi John.

Hmm. Weird. Have it working here, but that must be because I have the parent POM in my local repository already then.
I’ll reproduce and fix it.

/ Michael

Hi again.

I have the same problem when I flush the pom’s from my local repository. It seems like I may have to release
to maven central also as the parent pom is not installed in vaadin’s repository. This is how the jpa-container
does it also.

I will get it done as soon as possible.

/Michael

The directory does not publish (nor even have) parent POMs, so either they need to be in some other public repository or one needs to make the add-on project parentless - aggregation is ok, but some metadata etc. may need to be copied to the add-on POM from the parent.

Thx Henri.

I made the project parentless as central repository has some requirements I can’t fullfill easily with way I have assembled my addon.
It should work now with version 1.1.0.

@John Please give it a try and let me know if the new version gets you out of trouble. :slight_smile:

/Michael

Hi Michael,

All dependencies are perfectly solved now. Now I can start playing :slight_smile:

Thanks for fixing this so fast.

-John Erik