Multiple problems using Vaadin Charts on liferay

Hi all,

We have an instance of Liferay 6.0.6 with Vaadin Control Panel deployed. I just tried to upgrade a portlet to use vaadin charts ( 1.1.2 ) ; our portal instance uses vaadin 6.8.12 .
When I deployed the portlet and tried to get a chart ( line chart ) I got the error


[ERROR]
 Unable to find 'com/vaadin/DefaultWidgetSet.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?

I googled the problem and found that this should be due to the fact that vaadin 7 is needed … but the charts page says that vaadin 6.8 is supported … any hints ?

Also, I tried to recompile the widgetset using the vaadin control panel portlet but got this other issue :


[ERROR]
 Unable to find 'com/vaadin/DefaultWidgetSet.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
[ERROR]
 Line 23: Unexpected exception while processing element 'inherits'

Also suspecting that it is due to differences in locations between vaadin 6 and 7.

One of the reasons why we bought the pro account was because we read we could use the charts add-on on vaadin 6.8 … can anyone shed some light here ?

TIA

Marco

Hi Marco,

are you sure you are using the correct JAR file of Vaadin Charts for Vaadin 6? The download package contains two separate builds for Vaadin 6 and 7. For Vaadin 6 you should use the
vaadin-charts-vaadin6-1.1.2.jar
file.

Or if you are using Maven (or Ivy) to manage your dependencies, you should use artifactId
vaadin-charts-vaadin6
for Vaadin 6.

Hi

thanks for the time you took to try to help me.
I just double checked and made sure of the versions I am using ; in my pom I have :


...
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
			<artifactId>vaadin</artifactId>
			<version>6.8.12</version>
		</dependency>
...
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId>
			<artifactId>vaadin-charts</artifactId>
			<version>1.1.2</version>
		</dependency>
...

and inspecting the exploded war :


ll WEB-INF/lib/
total 15344
drwxr-xr-x 2 tomcat6 tomcat6    4096 2013-09-30 12:30 ./
drwxr-xr-x 5 tomcat6 tomcat6    4096 2013-09-30 12:30 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6   62983 2013-09-27 15:13 activation-1.1.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  401858 2013-09-27 15:13 batik-awt-util-1.7.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  215274 2013-09-27 15:13 batik-svggen-1.7.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  128286 2013-09-27 15:13 batik-util-1.7.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  109043 2013-09-20 12:39 commons-io-1.4.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6   60841 2013-09-30 12:30 commons-logging.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  189612 2013-09-18 12:24 gson-2.2.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  309294 2013-09-27 15:13 jcommon-1.0.15.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6 1425742 2013-09-27 15:13 jfreechart-1.0.13.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6   14697 2013-09-27 15:13 jfreechartwrapper-2.5.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  391834 2013-09-27 15:13 log4j-1.2.15.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  388864 2013-09-27 15:13 mail-1.4.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6   62237 2013-09-30 12:30 util-bridges.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  188813 2013-09-30 12:30 util-java.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  223999 2013-09-30 12:30 util-taglib.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6 5085093 2013-09-30 12:17 vaadin-6.8.12.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  903332 2013-09-18 12:13 vaadin-charts-1.1.2.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6 5085093 2013-09-30 12:30 vaadin.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  124812 2013-09-27 15:13 visualizationsforvaadin-1.1.2.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat6 tomcat6  194354 2013-09-27 15:13 xml-apis-1.3.04.jar

thus I am not 100% sure I have the right stuff set.
( the jfreechart thing and visualizations are there because I want to make sure it works with vaadin charts before removing the old way of charting stuff )

Will try to create a brand new project but I am not 100% sure this should be the case ( after all I am using maven for managing the dependencies :slight_smile: )

[b]

[EDIT]

[/b]
changing the dependency from


		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId>
			<artifactId>vaadin-charts</artifactId>
			<version>1.1.2</version>
		</dependency>

to


		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId>
			<artifactId>vaadin-charts-vaadin6</artifactId>
			<version>1.1.2</version>
		</dependency>

fixed the issue.
Thanks a lot !

You need to change

<artifactId>vaadin-charts</artifactId> to

<artifactId>vaadin-charts-vaadin6</artifactId>

and you should be good to go.