Migrating to hilla 2.0

Hello everyone, so I’m migrating a hilla app from 1.0.6 to 2.0 and I am struggling, in the doc it is said to change any com.javax to com.jakartaee but I don’t seem to find any throughout my project so i was wondering were I should make those changes ?
Also, without those changes and just with the adjustment in pom.xml for java 17 and hilla 2.0.0 my app doesn’t start

The javax to jakarta namespace change is mostly internal, so you might not need to do anything about it

You may need to update validation constraints on entities , if you use them

I have this error on startup :

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error processing condition on org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.web.servlet.error.ErrorMvcAutoConfiguration$WhitelabelErrorViewConfiguration.beanNameViewResolver

that is cause by this :

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to introspect Class [com.vaadin.flow.spring.SpringBootAutoConfiguration] from ClassLoader [jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@2a139a55]

It doesn’t seem to be finding the jakarta servlet too :

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jakarta/servlet/Servlet
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) ~[na:na]
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:3402) ~[na:na]
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2504) ~[na:na]
        at org.springframework.util.ReflectionUtils.getDeclaredMethods(ReflectionUtils.java:467) ~[spring-core-5.3.25.jar:5.3.25]
        ... 26 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jakarta.servlet.Servlet
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:641) ~[na:na]
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:188) ~[na:na]
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:520) ~[na:na]
        ... 30 common frames omitted

Are you executing it with the correct java runtime? Pom.xml version number change is not enough

Spring 5.x seems old, too?

Spring Boot 3.0 requires Spring Framework 6.0

this information can be found from the Spring Boot 3.0 migration guide linked in the “How do I upgrade” part

oh ok, i’ll check that, i didn’t really upgrade this app since april from last year so I must have some upgrading to do elsewhere