JPAContainer - JPA 2.0?

Hi,

as i could read, there are plans to add JPA 2.0 support to the JPAContainer.
Are there any informations about the target release that feature will be available?

From JPAContainer manual:
The following features are currently not implemented, but may be added in a future version, depending
on the feedback received on version 1.0:
• JEE 6 / JPA 2.0
• Improved support for joined queries
• Improved implementation of the Container.Hierarchical interface
• Support for displaying query results that do not consist of entire entities, but arrays of property values
• Support for IdClass-primary keys
• Support for buffered master-detail editing, where the master container gets its data from a data store
(like JPAContainer does now) and the detail container from a Collection-property of one of the entities
in the master container.

Thanks,
Florian Pirchner

Hi,

There is a new feature shaping up. We have not yet fixed features for the next release so if you have something essential improvements in your mind it is time to share your ideas. Features in manual are not necessary on the list. So if one of those is important for you, it is also worth to let us know that.

There are actually snapshot builds of the AGPL version available already. The latest build depends on JPA 2.0 and has some essential issues fixed, but still has now bigger enhancements added yet.

Nightly builds from our oss snapshot repo:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/vaadin-snapshots/
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/vaadin-snapshots/com/vaadin/addon/jpacontainer-addon-agpl-3.0/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

cheers,
matti

Hi Matti,

i am using vaadin to write business applications. Therefore i have create an open source project called redVoodo.org. (Maybe you already heard about redvoodo) It offers an environment to write business applications based on vaadin by a very comfortable way.

The very main feature which would be gorgeous to have:

• Support for buffered master-detail editing, where the master container gets its data from a data store
    (like JPAContainer does now) and the detail container from a Collection-property of one of the entities
    in the master container.

Currently redVoodo uses a fork of the SQLContainer. The SQLContainer is really great! A great peace of work- congrats for that! But it does not really meat my requirements. Using the SQLContainer the Item will always be the leading component. Using the JPAContainer, the entity will be the leading component and the Item will follow it.

So it would be really great to get that feature. If i can help you, please let me know. Currently “Hans Georg” from the university in Ulm (DE) is working on the integration of the JPAContainer into redVoodo. Right now he is writing the source generators for the JPAEntities. And as far the feature above is available, we are going to replace the forked SQLContainer by the JPAContainer.

I think the JPAContainer with the buffered master-detail support will offer completely new ways to deal with vaadin applications.

Thanks in advance,
Florian Pirchner

Hi Matti,

what do you think?

Will this feature be provided?

Thanks,
Florian Pirchner

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to answer to you. We are currently working on the next version. Would you post me some use cases (e.g. UI wireframes and related data models)? I can then validate if our current plans will help you or if we need to do some other changes. You can post then either to forum or via email as you wish.

cheers,
matti

Mail sent to Matti.

Containing two feature requests:
Buffered Master-Detail editing
Out of the box support for @Inheritance annotation