HTTP Status 404

Hi there,

Very new to Vaadin, I have installed Eclipse Juno, Vaadin Eclipse Plugin 6.8.6, apache tomcat v7, in ubuntu linux, I have followed several resources on creating the first project but each time I run the Project I get Http status 404, I installed the same IDE in a Windows enviroment I still get the Same HTTP Status,
Each Vaadin Eclipse Project has some red marks beneath its icon, and Error Pages under Deployment Descriptor here is my web.xml scripts, please help me

====

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> ExampleVaadin Vaadin production mode productionMode false Examplevaadin Application com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.ApplicationServlet Vaadin application class to start application com.example.examplevaadin.ExamplevaadinApplication Examplevaadin Application /VAADIN/* index.html index.htm index.jsp default.html default.htm default.jsp

====

Hi Joseph

Before we go any further, could you try setting your servlet mapping as below

Examplevaadin Application /*

It seems like you’ve only mapped the the /VAADIN/* which is used for widgetsets, themes, etc.

Regards

Thanks kasper for the reply,

The following web.xml with servlet mapping you suggested gives me “HTTP Status 500 -”, could it be some permission problems because I am using apache installed under /opt/tomcat7 I use this apache installation to configure server runtime under eclipse juno.

This is the exception from the server

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Failed to load application class: com.vaadin.demo.simpleaddressbook.SimpleAddressBook
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.ApplicationServlet.init(ApplicationServlet.java:71)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:927)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:999)
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:307)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

====

web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> HelloVaadin Vaadin production mode productionMode false Hellovaadin Application com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.ApplicationServlet Vaadin application class to start application com.example.hellovaadin.HellovaadinApplication Hellovaadin Application /* index.html index.htm index.jsp default.html default.htm default.jsp

====

Hi Joseph,

It’s not making sense to me, com.vaadin.demo.simpleaddressbook.SimpleAddressBook is not in your web.xml, so thats impossible. com.vaadin.demo.simpleaddressbook.SimpleAddressBook is the application for the addressbook demo.
AddressBookDemo

Could you perhaps upload eclipse project so we can have a look at it.

Regard