How to apply bugfix 9139 without upgrading to a new version?

We run into this problem while using Vaadin 6.7.2:
TextArea in Internet Explorer

Is it possible to apply
this changeset
without upgrading version of Vaadin?
As I understood, we should use gwt dependencies to compile this UI component. Can you give any instructions on how to do this?

P.S. First of all we tried to upgrade Version of Vaadin to 6.8.0, but run into other problem - scrolls for top windows disapeared after upgrade, so we decided to move back to 6.7.2.
Unfortunately, currently we do not have a time to make a clear sample code containing a bug with disappeared scrolls.

If you only want that changeset then I would simply extend TextArea/VTextArea both on the server and client side into MyPatchedTextArea and apply the patch to your component. Then just use your own MyPatchedTextArea component instead of the Vaadin TextArea in your project.

Optionally if you do not want to change your project code, you could also just extend the client side implementation of Text area (VTextArea) and use GWT deferred binding to replace the implementation at runtime. This can be done by adding the following to .gwt.xml:

<replace-with class="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VMyPatchedTextArea">
		<when-type-is class="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VTextArea" />
	</replace-with>

(This is exactly what I was about to post!)

Thank you for your reply. We will try this solution :smiley:

We tried first approach, it works fine. Now, is it possible to avoid gwt compilation each time we run maven compile goal? Can we just put results of compilation into jar-file and add dependency on it in the pom.xml?

We compiled widgetset once and put results of compilation to web source dir in our project. Then we set up widgetset parameter in web.xml and now all works just fine.
Thanks for your answers!