[help] google map add-ons for vaadin 7

Hi guys,

Anyone has idea that how to integrate google map v3 javascript into vaadin 7?

Before I was using GoogleMapWidget, which only supports v6, so I’m stuck now…

Basically, I wanna drop a marker on the map, and drap the marker…

Any sample would be appreciated, thanks a lot

Hi,

I have favoured OpenSource slippy maps. This way one is not tied to Googles terms and possible ads. They are also bit more versatile in some situations. In OpenLayers it is very easy to use google maps as background layer, but is V7 port is still in works.

Leaflet (and v-leaflet vaadin add-on in the Directory) is my current favourite. Lightweight compared to OpenLayers, but still has decent feature set. It is in active use by one of our customers and our new TouchKit demos also use that.

cheers,
matti

Thanks matti, I will have a try.

Hi,

I was using OpenLayers add-on for maps in Vaadin. I have tried the demo code in the directory page. But I was getting the following exception:

com.vaadin.server.ServiceException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/vaadin/terminal/VariableOwner com.vaadin.server.VaadinService.handleExceptionDuringRequest(VaadinService.java:1460) com.vaadin.server.VaadinService.handleRequest(VaadinService.java:1414) com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:305) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728) org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) Any help would be appreciated, thanks in adnvance.

Hi,

I’m encountering the same problem. Have you solved your problem?