Good To have like this

As you see here, developer can simulate all options and see the result LIVE which is very helpful and convenient to try different options. if we have such for all UI components, that would be nice
image.png

https://demo.jmix.io/ui-samples/sample/notification-theme-variant

this is the endpoint from where I got the above

and some of the components missing in Vaadin ( directly/indirectly) from here https://chakra-ui.com/docs/components

Thanks for the feedback! The demo link you shared is indeed interesting. The Vaadin docs does show the results LIVE, but unlike this link, the docs is based on sections rather than togglable options.

About chakra, quickly skimming through the components, I see that this library have some components that Vaadin is missing, but that Vaadin also has some components that this library is missing (e.g., Vaadin has date picker which seems missing from chakra).

In any case, which are the 1-2 components in chakra that you wish the most that Vaadin would have?

Hi, I am going to share my opinion and experience to answer @nice-camel . and I will focus on the front end .Vaadin is not just a set of UI components, but a framework that allow you to develop COMPLIANT and secured components. I can share just little for now, that our project using Vaadin got FIPS compliant (US Federal Encryption regulation. ) and HIPPA and trust me when I say using other ui frameworks will take us triple efforts and harder to be compliant.

So I don’t think it is fair to compare a Vaadin to other frameworks when you are truly serious on developing

Can say the same for German regulations, and damn we love regulations :sunglasses:

First, this is not for any comparison. It is to have Vaadin better than any other frameworks

Second, more components means, easy development and quick acceptance

Drawer and breadcrumb

Really ? Any experience with BAFIN ?

Luckily not, payment sector is even more regulated in the EU than German agencies :see_no_evil:

I am sure it will pass, The main key is What’s called the SSR you mentioned in other post @quirky-zebra , the ability to create the right component at the right time to the right user with the right data. So unlike other frameworks, when a user login, you can control on which components will exists on his session.It does has a small price in speed(really small) but when it comes to someone’s money, this price is reasonable.

Sorry to hijack this thread for a slightly different topic. I’m just curious to understand what are the additional things that you would end up doing with some other UI framework that would triple the effort?

Sure. @original-uguisu
Few simple rules when develop high secured and high regulated ui components and this will explain the advantage of Vaddin. React/vue etc, has much higher & more dependencies most of them are third party of a third party. eg, you will have to compliant one by one, and need to prove you have sort of control for each dependency and it , see they follow roles, has not back doors etc.
Vaadin on the other end, (polymer and lit, ) is built as wrapper around HTML native components and they are set of rules of how the component should behave. So in a compliance perspective there is one simple layer (off course there some more dependencies mbox etc) but it’s the shortest ‘journey’ to native HTML .
Now, add the Built in Server side rendering and ‘on demand’ rendering, it proves that you have full control on client side, and I mean by that two things: using spring boot security to manage access is one thing, but with vaddin you are able create a ‘safe sandbox’ for each session. It’s not that you don’t have access to certain end point, it does not exist, (eg you will get 404 not 401)and this make cyber attacks and privileges escalation harder

I hope I explain it, but will be happy to share some examples soon, when it’s available by our legal team